Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Delays delays delays

Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delays delays delays

For those of you waiting for an order (at least coming through Houston) I've been bumped now for 2 ships past the original estimate and they are now predicting a 2 week slip to final delivery times.

My salesman doesn't know why, but speculated it had to do with volume they're dealing with at Emden so it will probably apply to everyone if that's the case.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Mine has slipped one week so far. I am now scheduled to take delivery the week of August 18th.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another boat has come and gone. All I get is an updated load date that maps to the next ship. Does Audi not have a plan of what cars will be loaded and how many will fit on the next ship? Starting to get upset with now the 5th shipping delay. Anyone else getting this runaround?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Mine only slipped the one week I mentioned above. I pick the car up today!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by A6buyer
Another boat has come and gone. All I get is an updated load date that maps to the next ship. Does Audi not have a plan of what cars will be loaded and how many will fit on the next ship? Starting to get upset with now the 5th shipping delay. Anyone else getting this runaround?
At least you still seem to be getting your car! In the UK Audi has cancelled loads of orders for delivery during Q4 this year offering to re-order them for delivery at some point in 2015. Major supply problems seem to be centred around the 2.0 Ultra Diesel engine and the Avant body shell but it seems to be an issue across the entire range. There is a facelift announcement expected imminently (A7 already announced) and that may also be having some impact on production scheduling as they run down production of the current version. Hope your car finds a boat soon!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess (I hope) that I'm the lucky one.
My dealer advised that they now expect my car the week of September 1, instead of the week of the 8th.

Either way, so close!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

"Good things come to those who wait", they used to say. FWIW, my dealer told me Audi puts priority on shipping "stock" cars to dealers over customer ordered cars to ensure the dealers have vehicles in their lot and on showroom floors. Most folks ordering a car have their current car to drive until the new one comes in. Could this be a factor in the delays mentioned?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Salesmen lie

Sadly you are learning that car salesmen lie to make a sale. It is how they eat. I ordered a TT 2 years ago this Oct. I never received a delivery date and cancelled in January of the following year.

Hard lesson learned when you are buying something in which so much emotion and money is invested
Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A6buyer
Have the salesman show you the screen on his computer which lists the various milestones, and see if production is complete. There's no good reason a built car would keep missing ship dates like this.

Note that it's vaguely possible the car is in motion but the system lost track of it, but that's very unlikely for a factory direct car. (My ED had big gaps in it but that's typical of ED tracking.)
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Have the salesman show you the screen on his computer which lists the various milestones, and see if production is complete. There's no good reason a built car would keep missing ship dates like this.
My SA does me one better than that. He's sending me screenshots of exactly what he's seeing so I've got emails covering the last 3 slips. My car has been sitting on the dock at Emden since late July.

And I agree - I can not think of a good reason for this many changes. If the line was just that long and they knew it would be 5 ships (or more) it would be a little easier to take. It's the appearance that I keep getting bumped that is the part that needs explained and fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delays delays delays