Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

for those of you with Drivers Assistance Package..

Old 03-14-2014, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for those of you with Drivers Assistance Package..

Is there anything it does/have that you dont particularly like and have disabled? I was watching a review on the A6 and the guy mentioned that sometimes the lane assist intervenes when he is going straight within the lane and other times he would be well into the next lane before it activated.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't generally drive around with Lane Assist activated (it works better on the highway than within town), but leave all other features on.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, how do you like that top view camera? Do you find you use it a lot?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Banned

Same as above, I keep the lane assist off unless I'm taking a highway trip.

Top view is invaluable. Living in the city and parallel parking all the time, it makes life so much easier. And for the first time in my life, I haven't curbed a wheel yet (which is weird, because the X5M had top view too and I curbed those a couple of times).
Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by r1eater
Thanks for the reply, how do you like that top view camera? Do you find you use it a lot?
Yes, I use it anytime I'm parking or exiting a spot. The only issue is that the cameras get dirty from all the slush in the winter, so I have to carry a bottle of glasses cleaner and a microfiber towel to give them a quick wipe every now and then.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still debating between another S4 or an A6 but from what I was told by the dealer you can no longer order the black optics package on the S4 and soon the A6, thats one of the main packages I'm looking for.

Mike what sort of power upgrade are you getting from your chipwerke box? I was thinking no matter which way I go I was going to do APR, but I'm not sure if the A6 tranny can deal with the extra power.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by r1eater
Mike what sort of power upgrade are you getting from your chipwerke box? I was thinking no matter which way I go I was going to do APR, but I'm not sure if the A6 tranny can deal with the extra power.
Substantial. Theres a whole thread on it. Knocked over a second off my 0-60. Conservatively, I'd estimate 80hp. Could be quite a bit more.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with others, love all around camera, although wish it were a tad more accurate and I leave lane assist off unless doing long driving.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keithl
I agree with others, love all around camera, although wish it were a tad more accurate and I leave lane assist off unless doing long driving.
The surround view is not accurate?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by agjil
The surround view is not accurate?
The cameras do. Ot perfectly line up and the rear camera down view is probably off by 6-8 inches. When the back camera shows I have just cleared my garage door i really have 6-8 more inches, shows things to be closer than they really are.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: for those of you with Drivers Assistance Package..