Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google maps not working

Old 05-20-2014, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Google maps not working

Recently I had the MMI upgrade from 4.69 to 7.15-2 and hadn't bothered with seeing if anything was wrong with the system until a few days ago when I tried all things to make google maps come up on the navigation. Nothing worked. I also searched the forums and didn't find much. Help!

When I go to settings the Map view option shows google earth greyed out and although selected, no google maps show on the navigation. See the pics for reference.

Any ideas what might be missing? btw, this used to work just fine before the upgrade... thanks
Attached Images   
Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

From the photo, it looks like Google Earth overlay is trying to load (the Google logo is partially lit). For grins, try rebooting the MMI. Press Menu+center selector+upper right function button at the same time. Wait for the 3G bars to fully connect and try again.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
From the photo, it looks like Google Earth overlay is trying to load (the Google logo is partially lit). For grins, try rebooting the MMI. Press Menu+center selector+upper right function button at the same time. Wait for the 3G bars to fully connect and try again.
Thanks snagitseven. I tried the reset you mentioned and still doesn't work . Google search works as well as online destinations and wifi hotspot so the issue seems isolated to google maps overlay to the navigation maps. Any other ideas besides taking it to the dealership?

Last edited by jcamber; 05-21-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sometimes Audi Connect services temporarily loses some function. (i.e voice command wouldn't work with online destination searches last week). I don't use Google Earth all that often so I'll try mine and see if it's working.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcamber
Thanks snagitseven. I tried the reset you mentioned and still doesn't work . Google search works as well as online destinations and wifi hotspot so it seems isolated to google maps overlay to the navigation maps. Any other ideas besides taking it to the dealership?
Try pulling the SIM and re-insert, that should force the MMI to reestablish the data connection with Google, hopefully, the overlay will appear. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 13c7a6
Try pulling the SIM and re-insert, that should force the MMI to reestablish the data connection with Google, hopefully, the overlay will appear. Good luck!
Thanks! Question: do I need to pull the sim card while the car is off? Or does it matter?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably a dumb question; Did you pay your Audi Connect bill?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Probably a dumb question; Did you pay your Audi Connect bill?
not dumb! and no, I didn't pay it but there was a SIM card when I bought the car and I'm guessing the previous owner had paid for a period of time because as I said, all the other 3G services work just fine. Even google maps used to work before the MMI update took place.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jcamber
Thanks! Question: do I need to pull the sim card while the car is off? Or does it matter?
No.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 13c7a6
Tried it and didn't work. This should be covered under warranty I hope!? I just got burned on another issue and Audi isn't being too good to me these days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Google maps not working