Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Getting a '12 Prestige.. questions about sport pkg

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent several weeks checking every Audi dealer website within125 miles of my home for a CPO 2013 A6... Very difficult finding one with a sport package especially a Prestige model.

I ended up finding one in Hartford, CT about 120 miles away. Car has everything I wanted except the Sport Package. I do plan on getting a winter tires package for my car... Question remains to me, get winter tires for my current 18" wheels or and get 19" wheels/tires for the remainder of the year or just get 18" winter wheel/tires to go with my current setup.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry the owner is not selling...
Old 07-28-2014, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Remember, if you can't find a sports package, you always have the option to swap out the springs for the OEM sports package springs, or other more aggressive springs.
Mine was non-sport, but i installed sport package springs..I think the tires will make a more significant difference in terms of ride quality than the suspension. Mine is on 20's.
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Remember, if you can't find a sports package, you always have the option to swap out the springs for the OEM sports package springs, or other more aggressive springs.
Mine was non-sport, but i installed sport package springs..I think the tires will make a more significant difference in terms of ride quality than the suspension. Mine is on 20's.
He would also need to swap out the rear anti roll bar. The sport pkg ARB has a larger diameter.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get the Stasis suspension, has springs and rear sway bar and drops the car a tad lower than the stock Audi sport suspension.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah...i'd rather just get the sports package, then again I am not a fan of the 3 spoke steering wheel.. something about that circular hub on the wheel..

Where do you guys get pricing for prestige models? NADA lists prestige, but doesn't have the Innovation package.. KBB and Edmunds dont' even have the Prestige listed..

Will go drive the '12 Prestige, phantom black on nougat w/ash, innovation pkg. 37k, my price is under $45k. really want sports and cold weather on that as well..

Thoughts on that price?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Yeah i like the slightly lowered look of the sports package, but don't need all the bells/whistles.. what do those run? i'm not worried about the sway bar.. any issues w/warranty?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey! Looking for a '12 A6 Prestige but its rare. NJ/PA dealers have some. Are the 19' wheels on the sport Pkg. better than the 20'. The 20' did not impress me on a twisty test run!
Seems the $$$ on them is at $35K to $45k dep on miles...
Old 07-28-2014, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WNT2FLY
Hi all.. the time has come to sell (well trade actually) my '07 Daytona Gray A6 S Line.. I love the car, and really don't want to part with it, but I just found out that 3 years ago, the dealer set fire to the engine block while cleaning carbon build up. They never told me, the fire alarms went off due to the extinguisher and the local FD recorded the VIN.

So the dealer will give me full trade value for the car...

My questions are about the sport pkg. My '07 has the S Line package that has the sports suspension. I love the lowered look, but it is harsh in the winter around here in New England on the frost heaves.

I've test driven a few '12s and put the ride system into Dynamic mode; but those cars didn't have the sports package.

I know the sports package for '12 lowers the car a bit, but is it a different suspension as well? Could I get a more comfortable ride in the winter by putting the ride system into Comfort mode, despite having the sports package?

Thanks!
Hey there, check this out

Lux Cars Chicago | Pre-owned Dealer | Buffalo Grove, Illinois

It used to be my car. I purchased it brand new. It was purchased back by Audi as I pushed on them very hard. You can probably get a good deal on it and they may ship it to ur address. It had small electrical issues but mechanically the car was flawless. I really took a good care of it. I loved this white beast

What really bothers me is that the rear view camera does not seem to have been fixed and they did in fact put the photo of a broken rear view camera - unbelievable.

PS: wait never mind it was sold already.

Last edited by salvadorik; 07-28-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by keithl
Just get the Stasis suspension, has springs and rear sway bar and drops the car a tad lower than the stock Audi sport suspension.
Looks like stasis is out of business?? Hmmm now what...

Quick Reply: Getting a '12 Prestige.. questions about sport pkg