Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

First few day with my A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First few day with my A6

I have a 2013 A6 3.0 Prestige, Full LED lights, Sport, Phantom Black, Black, Black headliner, Ash inlays.

I got the car on Sunday afternoon and have not driven it a lot because I had no title, documentation or plates until today...

I can tell you though, having bought the car with neither seeing the S-Line exterior and never having driven the 3.0 engine, I had a grin that almost hurt when I got it. The car is a CPO with less than 8k miles and is in awesome shape. Needless to say I love it, coming from my 2010 2.0t A4 it is a pretty big change (although my wife says it looks like the same car).

I love the engine, the pickup, the ride is smooth even with the sport package (little disclaimer here, I had the dealer swap on some 18" all seasons, and let them keep the 20" summers, I need winter capable setup here).

A few observations.

1: Bose stereo - I had read all the bad posts about it. it is worse than I anticipated. It lacks ANY bass, any!!!! It is hard to make it not too trebbly, and it isn't very loud. It absolutely sounds worse than my stock A4 stereo. Horribly dissapointing.

2: Connect - I got 1 month, but probably won't renew, doesn't really do much that I am excited about. It would be cool for free, but not valuable enough for me.

3: s-line and full LEDs - Make this car look AWESOME.

4: Electronics start up - Seems like it takes a long time before my BT phone, or the jukebox or whatever are playing after I start the car.

5: Jukebox voice command - I love that I can ask to play a specific track from the jukebox. I know you can do this and more in a Ford Sync, but hey.

6: Telephone - Is there a way that I don't have to confirm the dialing of a number. My old MMI would just go ahead and dial, I find myself yelling at the car to dial the damn number.

7: I love the 3Dness of the dials on the dash.

8: LED interior lighting is nice.

9 Engine stop/start feature I am not sure on yet, leaving it on for now.

10: Cooled seats, don't seem that cool... I can't imagine running them on less than 3 as I don't really feel very cooled at that.

11: Why on earth do they ship with an ipod cable that doesn't carry album artwork? Bizarre.

Biggest disappointment is the Bose for sure. I am not a 20 something guy listening to rap, but come on, the only thing that has sounded good so far is classical.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

What did you pay for that CPO and what was the mileage? Just curious. In March I bought 2012 A6 3.0T Premium Plus, Cold Weather Pkg, Audi Assist with 11K miles (no CPO) for $44K. Your car is different, but just curious.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I paid $50k, which in my opinion of looking at and talking to what seemed like every Audi dealer in the US was a pretty good deal. As I mentioned in another post, best deals were in California (where I got my car), then maybe North East. Worst seemed to be where I live in the Midwest.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bose bass issue is easily fixed with a separate aftermarket sub. See my thread on the subject.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Bose sound & classical

Perhaps Germans who can afford an A6, especially if it is an executive car, only listen to classical music, and that was the target audience for Audi! Since I listen to only classical music , I am happy. But its not strong enough for other types of music.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dssdmd
Perhaps Germans who can afford an A6, especially if it is an executive car, only listen to classical music, and that was the target audience for Audi! Since I listen to only classical music , I am happy. But its not strong enough for other types of music.
Same for B&O but I am happy.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dssdmd
I completely disagree with you on this. There are plenty of great classical music recordings where bass is prominent - especially pipe organs. What about the double bass, bassoon, bass drum, or even the tuba?

I'm always surprised when I hear someone say that bass is only important in rock or rap music. Bass provides both the rhythmic and harmonic foundation of all music. Without decent bass music tends to sound both dull and lifeless. That is the main reason that the A6/A7 audio systems are so bad.

Add a subwoofer and proper amplification and experience a major difference - even in your beloved classical music.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi

Add a subwoofer and proper amplification and experience a major difference - even in your beloved classical music.
Agree completely. Do this, the difference is night and day. Well worth the $ I spent on it
Old 07-04-2013, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just a shame that I need to do anything to a 60k car with a "premium" stereo, to even get it to match the stock systems of much cheaper cars.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Just a shame that I need to do anything to a 60k car with a "premium" stereo, to even get it to match the stock systems of much cheaper cars.
While I have no doubt that adding an amp and subwoofer adds quite a bit to the Bose, you may want to make sure on your MMI software first. I have a 2012 prestige and the updated software made the Bose sound like a totally different system. Not as good as the B&O in my wife's Q5, but a night and day difference. You can research the threads to see what we're talking about. It's worth a first step and good luck.

Quick Reply: First few day with my A6