Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Finally upgrade from 2002 A6 2.7T

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Just curious but have you read your owners manual? It seem these days that most new car owners rarely read their owners manual. I've tried many times to get my wife to read the owners manual for the Lexus ES350 I gave her soon after I retired. Has that happened nooooo!!!
Anyway, good luck on your A6 and enjoy. A comment on the following "distance" settings for the ACC. The 4 different settings are really following time settings. That means the actual distance will increase as the speed increases for each setting. So it is not a fixed a distance but a fixed time. The manual will tell you what the following time is for each setting.
Yes, just finished reading it this weekend. Quite a bit of information and I knew reading it would be the only way to know all the functions. After reading I realized I inadvertantly shutoff the ActiveLane Assist.

I agree... My wife has yet to read a new car manual.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jr's--Good Point. It's time and that's important in separation, because the faster you are going the more distance you want--and that's established by keeping you some seconds behind the car you're following.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I read in the owners manual that there should be a vibration in the wheel as a warning you are drifting to close to the line, but I haven't noticed that. Has anybody enabled that?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
I think I read in the owners manual that there should be a vibration in the wheel as a warning you are drifting to close to the line, but I haven't noticed that. Has anybody enabled that?
Not only is there a vibration but it actually pulls away from the line. It is a very odd feeling until you get used to it.

Make sure it is active... On the end of the turn signal stalk is the button to activate/deactivate the system. I deactivated it by accident. The system notification is on the very top of the dash display... Shows either yellow roadway lines; not active or green roadway lines; active. Also only works when traveling over 40MPH.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJKs '02 2.7T
Not only is there a vibration but it actually pulls away from the line. It is a very odd feeling until you get used to it.

Make sure it is active... On the end of the turn signal stalk is the button to activate/deactivate the system. I deactivated it by accident. The system notification is on the very top of the dash display... Shows either yellow roadway lines; not active or green roadway lines; active. Also only works when traveling over 40MPH.
Thanks. I have it activated on the stalk and in the mmi but Im not getting any vibration that I can notice. I'll keep fiddling with it. It does push me back into the lane and you are right--it is rather strange and disconcerting. Ive found the dash screen for assist and I like the way that is laid out and communicates the necessary info.

Overall I am very happy that I opted to include this package. I think its a great safety feature.