Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Finally Pulled the Trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally Pulled the Trigger

After months of research and shopping, I finally pulled the trigger on this 2012 A6 Prestige. Oddly enough, I bought it pre-owned from a Dodge dealership in Florida. It had 4,500 miles on it and was owned for 2 months with an in-service date of August 5. It was a great deal and I'll be driving her back to Ohio tomorrow; twelve hours to play with every possible menu and option. Thanks to all for the wealth of info that put me in the position to make an educated, well-informed purchase. Now, how do you start this thing?
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
After months of research and shopping, I finally pulled the trigger on this 2012 A6 Prestige. Oddly enough, I bought it pre-owned from a Dodge dealership in Florida. It had 4,500 miles on it and was owned for 2 months with an in-service date of August 5. It was a great deal and I'll be driving her back to Ohio tomorrow; twelve hours to play with every possible menu and option. Thanks to all for the wealth of info that put me in the position to make an educated, well-informed purchase. Now, how do you start this thing?
Great pickup. Love the color!!

Why was it at a dodge dealership? Did you check out the history? Seems a bit odd.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aretardedorange

Why was it at a dodge dealership? Did you check out the history? Seems a bit odd.
+1 Looks Great! Also great photography!

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
I love this car.

Love it.

Wow.

Red is so unique. And on the 20s... wow. You are one lucky guy. Enjoy this incredible machine.

Congratulations.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those 20"s are sexy as hell.

Congrats on your hot red lady. Enjoy!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gratz!

Great color, red is very under represented, enjoy!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got full leds's, too. Nice car. Probably a ~62k car new if you don't have the innovation package.

Last edited by jperryrocks; 10-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
You've got full leds's, too. Nice car. Probably a ~62k car new if you don't have the innovation package.
I love this car... in case I didn't say it enough. Red w/ sport package rocks.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Grats buddy... glad to hear it all worked out and that you're having fun with your wife's new car LOL... (you know I'm kidding, but seriously I'm not). Be sure and get the bra on it ASAP, enjoy the ride home with the windows down. Won't be doing that for much longer where you live.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aretardedorange

I don't claim to understand precisely what the guy was thinking when he traded it in but he bought the car from an Audi Dealership up the road and traded it in at the Dodge dealership for a truck (2 months later). The dealer said he's bought over a dozen cars from them. The dealer put it up on Autotrader where I had auto-alert set up to email me when certain cars come up for sale. The dealer sent pictures, I called AOA to run the VIN and get the moroney (window sticker), and the CarFax showed it was bought in early August and sold to the Dodge dealer with 4141 miles. That's it. It has the 20" SP, LEDs and Drivers Assist. So I bought it sight unseen and got a plane tix to FL. All the while hoping I wasn't being scammed but knowing it had almost a full warranty was good enough for me to risk wearing the dunce hat.

The car came with the typical Florida 20% tint all around. I'll have to replace that when I get back to OH. Not just for legal purposes but the 20 is bit too dark for my taste. The darker tint really makes the red stand out (kinda "in your face") so I'm hoping that 35% Pinnacle will soften it a little bit. It's a beautiful red. I compared side-by-side pics of the garnet red and misano red. It's so much darker than misano that it looks almost purple when compared side by side.

The photography is compliments of Apple. That damn iPhone never ceases to amaze me.

I'll update my garage soon and post more pics with the lighter tint.

I'll say this though - my budget didn't allow me to buy the perfect car. But I wanted the performance and looks of the new Audi A6 - that was the goal. I've always known the car is gorgeous; you can see that in any picture. But the performance is amazing. As I told my friend Rush, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside pulling up along side a Bimmer!!

Quick Reply: Finally Pulled the Trigger