Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Feedback from fellow C7'ers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Feedback from fellow C7'ers

So my C7 is will over 1k miles (I drive a lot)

So far, I am absolutely loving the car. It has met most of my expectations and wants. I am coming from a long history of Acura (03 CL-S, 06 TL, 08 TL-S, 09 TL SH-AWD, 10 TL SH-AWD)... At first, I felt buying the A6 was a waste of $20k, instead of getting into another TL.

The car is superior in many ways, but it does lack in a couple spots.

I am not a whiny complainer, but just wanted to see if anybody else feels the same

PROs
Beautiful
Extremely Fast
Very Responsive
Incredible MPGs
Handles amazing. car feels small
Fairly quiet
Smooth suspension (even with sport package)
Roomy
Technology packed (however, it could be a "prettier interface")

CONs

1) Cup Holders are an absolute joke. My mother and my friend have an S5, butI never looked at the cup holders. I know its a common thing with German cars (Mother had an E46 and W209 CLK55). But this absurd. and cheap looking!!

2) When using the Tiptronic or paddle shifters, why is 1st-to-2nd gear SO HARSH. All other gears are fine, and Auto/Sport mode shifts smoothly by itself. Anybody else notice that?

3) The Seats really are cheap looking/feeling. All my Acuras, even the 03 CL-S that I still have, has nicer looking and more comfy seats. What the hell Audi?

4) Don't like the brakes. Hard to explain, but they aren't "crisp"... It feels dull when braking, takes a lot of pressure to stop the car, and when coming to a stop, its hard to "ease" to a stop.. the car stops abruptly sometimes. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of brake dust

5) Center Console storage is also a joke. I can barely fit anything in there

6) Rear view camera is another joke. Forget my Acura's, I've had <$20k rental cars, with better cameras. Plus it takes too long to fire up. Once the car goes in reverse, it takes like 2-3 seconds.

7) MMI/Navi also takes too long to boot up sometimes. Frustrating, because I am always in and out of my car, and hate waiting.

8) As gorgeous as the interior is, a lot of the panels and materials look really cheap. If the car was $40k, no biggie... but mine was $61k!!

Other than that,I am really impressed with the car. It gets looks everywhere I go, and its a pleasure to drive. Again, I'm not b*tching or whining, just wanted to know if anybody feels the same.

The S6 seats look incredible. Depending on how long I keep the car, that may be a possible upgrade in the future (pending the cost)
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree cup holders, are junk. Probably good for a beer bottle.
Disagree with back up camera mine comes on instantly.
Agree some panels look cheesy, but the fit is perfect.
Disagree with the seats, I have nougat and they look great.
Agree with brakes, not very sporty and center console storage is useless but comfy.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BugeyeRX
Agree cup holders, are junk. Probably good for a beer bottle.
+1 and LOL
I also like the seats. No issues with materials (quality)overall.
MMI does take a sec to load but it's not a big issue. Clarity of the back up camera is fine. Not HD but I don't expect it to be.
7K miles in and my major complaint is the !@#$ cup holders. Love the car.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree on the cup holder. That's why I always request 2 cups from Starbucks or McDonald's. The outer cup can be stuck or broken by the tight POS while I can freely take my drink from the inner cup.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

You forgot to add the lack of rear sunshades in a >60k car. Even the A4 has them (I know they're coming on the 2013, but that's not the point

Also add to the cons:
- The lack of rims/wheels selection on all season tires.
- The lack of split screen option on the MMI screen (example Nav on half/radio on half)
- a biggie to me: THE LACK OF THE OPTION TO KEEP THE MMI SCREEN STOWED UPON STARTING THE CAR (like if you're going on a short drive and don't feel like wasting the "wear and tear" that I'm sure happens)
- Missing the hot/cold cupholders that the Prestige Q5 has

Agree with your comments about the brakes and the cupholders. Agree with the slow loading times.
I think the seats are pretty comfy though...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ The Sunshade doesn't bother me (i think it more of a status item) But I do agree about the MMI split screen / layout. Ever see Ford Sync or MyTouch? Incredible!! in a $20k Focus

The tires thing kind of bothered me too... I am a huge car modder, and always opt for the best looking wheels... but couldn't agree on getting the 20s, and having to pay for crappy winter wheels/tires.... I'd rather get the small wheels, and use my money to buy larger wheels.

Wasn't trying to make a rant thread, but I think its a good place for people to vent. I still absolutely love my car, but just disappointed in some of the things missing, or overlooked. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...

I will add to the Pros the headlights... very unique, but sure to be plagiarized.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

What about the 1st - 2nd gear shift?? Anybody else's car do that? Not sure if its a characteristic or a problem
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try driving a Corvette C5 for 8 years then get back to me on how cheap the interior looks. Whenever I drive my A6 I feel like I'm in a Bently. I love our cup holders, compared to my C5 they are as deep as the Mariana Trench. I guess it's all relative, and I am 100% happy with all of the shortcomings you listed. However, I do agree about the brakes though.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ Acura just really spoiled me. I was drawn into the brand because of their beautiful interiors... I love my A6 interior, but it just feels cheap compared to a car that was $20k less

the corvette, even the MY2012... looks cheap. I never liked it... awesome car though.. that's more of a sport car thing. My friend just got the new Camaro (not as panache) but interior looks like its from 1998
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

The sunshade thing is a must. When I look back on a sunny day and my daughter is sitting in her carseat, unable to look outside of the window, and her head is curled towards the middle of the seat... It's a sad (but cute) sight... My wife's BMW has them and it just makes the ride so much more comfortable for kids. I guess that's the main reason why. I have to use one that I used in my old car... One with suction cups... SUCTION cups!! In a 60k+ car.....

Originally Posted by at1183
^ The Sunshade doesn't bother me (i think it more of a status item) But I do agree about the MMI split screen / layout. Ever see Ford Sync or MyTouch? Incredible!! in a $20k Focus

The tires thing kind of bothered me too... I am a huge car modder, and always opt for the best looking wheels... but couldn't agree on getting the 20s, and having to pay for crappy winter wheels/tires.... I'd rather get the small wheels, and use my money to buy larger wheels.

Wasn't trying to make a rant thread, but I think its a good place for people to vent. I still absolutely love my car, but just disappointed in some of the things missing, or overlooked. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...

I will add to the Pros the headlights... very unique, but sure to be plagiarized.

Quick Reply: Feedback from fellow C7'ers