Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Faulty camera - need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Faulty camera - need your opinion

The back up camera on my C7 started acting on me several months ago and it was intermittent. It was evident when I enabled AC to max, stereo to max, so basically most of the electronics to max. And it was mostly acting when weather was hot. Recently the camera started acting more and more. Sometimes when I switch to R the camera does not show anything like it does not exist. So finally the dealer said that they will replace the camera module. I really think the problem could go beyond the module itself. There could be some wiring, software or other issues. So what do you think? Here is the link to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKYej...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by salvadorik; 07-16-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I say it is a very good thing the dealer is willing to replace the module, so let them do that. They should be able in the process to detect if there is any problem with wiring and such. If it takes them doing another step, so be it - the main thing is they are believing you and are willing to address the situation. Also, the module may include a bunch of connectors and such - possibly.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's an interesting test to set all devices to max and see which one fails first. So, we could set to max simultaneously the following: AC, stereo, seat heaters, steering wheel heater, rear window defrost and mirror defrosts. And then run full blown acceleration in reverse, while lowering and raising all windows and opening/closing sunroof all at the same time. I should try that.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokingTires
That's an interesting test to set all devices to max and see which one fails first. So, we could set to max simultaneously the following: AC, stereo, seat heaters, steering wheel heater, rear window defrost and mirror defrosts. And then run full blown acceleration in reverse, while lowering and raising all windows and opening/closing sunroof all at the same time. I should try that.
I would add continuously adjusting the full range of all your seat controls and doing an online destination search with voice commands to the list. Also, be sure to use a very large, empty parking lot for the test. And, if you have one, leave your wife at home.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And pull the e-brake while and turning the wheel to do a 180 turn.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thx for your incredibly useful insights. Hopefully the engine wont blow on me when I try doin all these.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have often said, there should be 2 reply buttons on the forums. One for those that want to help, and one for those that want to play.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyfox
I have often said, there should be 2 reply buttons on the forums. One for those that want to help, and one for those that want to play.
There's nothing wrong with injecting some humor into the threads so long as it's not mean-spirited. The AW forums were created for lots of reasons and, like driving our cars, having some fun is one of them.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This seriously has got me to think that since my 2010 TDI warranty will end soon, it would be time to "test" all the functions of the car (mechanically, electrically and electronically speaking) and start getting service work requests opened with my dealership.

I still have to get the darn side assist to consistently stay on after each ignition turn and also eliminate getting a error message when activating it which the dealer has been unable to replicate.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There's nothing wrong with injecting some humor into the threads so long as it's not mean-spirited. The AW forums were created for lots of reasons and, like driving our cars, having some fun is one of them.
Agree, but having issues myself it was nice to focus on the helpful as opposed the humorous. And sometimes the humorous became a threadjacking...but I will get off my soapbox and try to lighten up a bit. Too dang hot out.

Quick Reply: Faulty camera - need your opinion