Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Drive Select Default

Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Dynamic in the MMI and S mode on the shift lever are one and the same for throttle and transmission gear maps.
Right, and when you select Dynamic in Drive Select the S appears but when you shut down the car and restart the S, and the corresponding throttle and gear maps, revert to either Auto/Comfort (not sure which is default). Is Dynamic the only setting where the transmission and gear maps change? Say you select Comfort in Drive Select, will the transmission and gear maps stay in the Comfort settings when you restart the car? Same for the Auto setting as well?

Last edited by Glacier6; 04-07-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Glacier6
Right, and when you select Dynamic in Drive Select the S appears but when you shut down the car and restart the S, and the corresponding throttle and gear maps, revert to either Auto/Comfort (not sure which is default). Is Dynamic the only setting where the transmission and gear maps change? Say you select Comfort in Drive Select, will the transmission and gear maps stay in the Comfort settings when you restart the car? Auto as well?
There was a long discussion thread on this topic and a chart from Audi was posted showing that for engine/transmission, Comfort and Auto (called "Balanced") are also one and the same. Most of the other MMI settings, i.e. steering and ACC (maybe) have three distinct modes but not the engine/transmission - there's actually only two different modes despite the three settings in the MMI: Balamced (Auto/Comfort) and Dynamic.

Here's the post with the full ADS description and chart:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=24

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-07-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

That makes it easy....thanks Snagit
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glacier6
Have you tried placing it in Dynamic and seeing if it stays in that setting after you restart?

Mine is a 2013 so hopefully they did change that.
Yes, I have. It stays in Dynamic. I usually keep mine in Individual, and every time I go into the Car menu it says Individual.

Maybe it's something changed in 2014? How long do you usually wait after turning off the car before it resets back to Auto?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdong
Yes, I have. It stays in Dynamic. I usually keep mine in Individual, and every time I go into the Car menu it says Individual. Maybe it's something changed in 2014? How long do you usually wait after turning off the car before it resets back to Auto?
Your individual setting is remembered BUT if your individual setting has Dynamic for engine/transmission that one in particular reverts to auto/comfort (not the setting, you will not see Auto or comfort in the MMI but the actual program that controls the engine/transmission)

One easy way to check this is you don't have the S next to the D when you restart the car, you need to select again your Individual setting or pull the gear lever down to select Sport.

It is stupid that Audi have the engine transmission option with dynamic and auto (when both are the same) and with dynamic (if everytime you restart the car defaults to "non sport")
This was done for consumption purposes, if you forgot or don't care to select Sport the car consumes less fuel, if you want to rev higher and consume more fuel, you need to select it.

Last edited by feralc; 04-08-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Exactly. It may also have something to do with Audi's EPA ratings.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jdong
Yes, I have. It stays in Dynamic. I usually keep mine in Individual, and every time I go into the Car menu it says Individual.

Maybe it's something changed in 2014? How long do you usually wait after turning off the car before it resets back to Auto?
Sorry, mine does what feralc and snagit have stated....It remembers which option I have selected, but if it's Dynamic or I have selected the Dynamic Engine setting in Individual, the S (and corresponding gear and transmission mapping) disappears when I restart the car in that setting.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

mine is late 2012 model, remembers dynamic.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by q5q7
mine is late 2012 model, remembers dynamic.
Which Dynamic feature are you referring to? Engine/transmission or one of the other ADS options? As discussed above, the MMI will always remember your settings except when set to Dynamic, it will still default to "D" (Auto/Comfort) engine/transmission on the shift lever when starting the car until you pull it back to "S" mode (Dynamic engine/transmission). The MMI settings will always display Dynamic or any other settings you last made and will remember the other settings like steering, ACC and seat belts. The car just temporarily overrides the settings for engine/transmission at startup even though it still displays Dynamic in the MMI.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-10-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Which Dynamic feature are you referring to? Engine/transmission or one of the other ADS options
Dynamic in drive select.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drive Select Default