Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Do they make black rings yet for our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do they make black rings yet for our cars?

I had mine painted, but the paint job isn't perfect. and the rings they do sell are smaller in diameter. They must have changed the rings for the 2012+ models. Makes the car look much meaner when they're black! I also want black tail pipes but again, they don't make them. Went to the dealer and they had a set but when i held them up against my pipes, too small.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this through Audizine.
http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/pro...oducts_id=1162

They even offer matte for $9 more. I am on the fence. For $11 or $20 I can buy both styles and if I don't like them, oh well. I like the chrome though. It is tastefull.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree that the chrome is tasteful, no doubt. But I'm telling you, get the black rings for the trunk and grill, remove the quattro badge and the rear A6 and 3.0 badges and the car looks so different. Especially the front. I also removed my front plate and bracket, plugged the holes with screw hole fillers (painted black of course) and it looks very aggressive and lower to the ground. I just wish I could find a rear spoiler that wasn't so expensive.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

and the link posted is for rear only, need front too...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WannaS6
I agree that the chrome is tasteful, no doubt. But I'm telling you, get the black rings for the trunk and grill, remove the quattro badge and the rear A6 and 3.0 badges and the car looks so different. Especially the front. I also removed my front plate and bracket, plugged the holes with screw hole fillers (painted black of course) and it looks very aggressive and lower to the ground. I just wish I could find a rear spoiler that wasn't so expensive.
Sounds right up my alley on what I want to do as well. Any pics of what you have done so far? Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WannaS6
But I'm telling you, get the black rings for the trunk and grill, remove the quattro badge and the rear A6 and 3.0 badges and the car looks so different. Especially the front. I also removed my front plate and bracket, plugged the holes with screw hole fillers (painted black of course) and it looks very aggressive and lower to the ground. I just wish I could find a rear spoiler that wasn't so expensive.
The quattro badge is on my short list of removal items. I have just been so busy to even give it the 5 minutes to remove it. I also have to remove the A6 and 3.0 on the trunk. I think I am going to remove the supercharged also. I want a clean look. As for the rings, I am on the fence, but I know what you are saying with the black on the trunk at least. I fear a black front will get lost in the grill. I don't have the front plate either. I ordered it that way. I am really trying to mount an effort to see if the RS6 gril will it our cars.

As for the spoiler, I know you might want to ditch the car sooner than later, but I still love the looks. Very understated, but I know it is there, and it makes that extra punch on the trunk. Have you looked at the dims of the BMW M lips? Those are pretty cheap as I put one on my old 5 series back in the day well under $500.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think that's the point, in a way, to "lose" the rings in the front grill. I had them painted gloss black, and you do see them but they aren't right in your face like the chrome.

As for the BMW lip trunk spoiler on the new 5 series, my friend just bought a cheap one off ebay, same as from the dealer, and while very small, looks great on the car. The spoiler on my 2006 750i was HUGE! looked great, but completely different look. A small spoiler on that car looked idiotic, I tried it and removed it.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looking good, thanks for the pics!

Quick Reply: Do they make black rings yet for our cars?