Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Dealer rating

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Dealer rating

Does anyone else get asked about ratings subsequent to a visit to the dealer?
It seems that dealers get kickbacks according to their customers feedback and when I bought my car the salesperson was almost paranoid about getting a 10 when I was asked in a forthcoming survey.
Now, every time I visit the dealer for service I get told about another survey coming and that they would really appreciate a 10 rating. It is either an online survey or someone calls but it is getting absurd with everything you buy or do that a survey follows any transaction.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The VW brands ( VW, Porsche, Audi) and others, as well, have these surveys. Indeed, whether a service rep or sales rep, employees get periodic ( quarterly?) bonuses based on survey results. It has gotten a bit ridiculous in that everyone expects perfect scores ( "outstanding") in every category. Were the parking space, coffee and service bill all " outstanding" as well?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 123 Posts

Kind of interesting -- sometimes they hound you about these surveys and sometimes silence and you never get one. I bought a new /15 3.0T in July and although we had an issue with what was thought to be a bent wheel (dealer ultimately swapped wheels/tires off another car on the lot) I found the dealer and especially the salesperson to be terrific. I specifically told salesperson that even though it took a bit longer to resolve the matter than both he and I thought it would, I was not going to hold this against the dealership and if I received a survey about my purchase experience it would be my intention to give them highest rating. Without going into detail the problem was kind of strange as no wheel defects/out of round conditions were detected by the Hunter machine -- they really tried hard to get to the bottom of and resolve the problem. Alas, no survey ever received. Weird.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The surveys are random generated or paid for by the dealer or by Audi. I can tell because months ago I took my car in for a service and they didn't fix my issue, could not duplicate an issue, made me wait 4 days for a billed 6 hours of service, made me wait over an hour to get my car after they told me it was ready and then delivered it dirtier than when I took it in even though they cleaned it. After all that they sent me a survey. Needless to say, their 10 was not happening.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize this is too late for the OP but maybe someone else can use this info. I too was asked for a perfect rating by my salesperson when I bought a CPO 2012 E Class convertible in Jan. When we went to take delivery I mentioned to the salesperson that a perfect rating was certainly possible, especially if I could have a set of all wx mats thrown in before we left. It took 5 minutes and the mats were resting in the trunk as we drove home. Never hurts to ask.

P.S. I never received a survey.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

After every service I get a survey. I agree that it is a little ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
After every service I get a survey. I agree that it is a little ridiculous.
I know how Audi and dealers use and misuse the surveys, so I tend to give As unless there is a real problem. Well, once an Audi service adviser told me my A4 needed a new wiper nozzle at $127, installed. The list price for the part is about $25. I declined, cleaned it with a pin and haven't been back. I didn't get the survey for that trip.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is why they hound you; If it is not a perfect 10, they don't get credit (or paid a bonus). Even if you left all 9s, that is a "failing" grade.

I have similar surveys in my industry and people tell me all of the time, "I don't give anyone a 10, regardless of how well they did."

That is frustrating.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I reserve a 10 rating for when I take my 2014 A6 in for a service and, "as a courtesy to our customers, we are swapping out for all of our valued A6 customers to a 2016 RS7".
Old 10-26-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they expect a 10 score, the system is really setting them up for failure. Thinking someone gets a 10/10 has to mean like they went above and beyond to satisfy. I don't know if I've gotten service like for free, except maybe Nordstrom. The scale could be as simple as 1-4, excellent, good, average, and poor. The only I'm giving a 10 if they really looked at my car and provided individualized service AND gave me something for free. Audi owners are likely 1% (not me) but do have a high level of service expectations.

My .02

Quick Reply: Dealer rating