Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

CPO 2012 A6 Prestige nightmare dealer

Old 06-11-2014, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I would never buy any car sight unseen and have it put on a truck to me.

Its worth a plane ticket to fly in and drive it home if necessary. It's a huge risk as every used car is unique in how's it's taken care of.

You should have requested the 300 point checklist before you bought the car and got pictures of all the rims and tires. You can't CPO an Audi with damaged tires and they must all be at least 5/32nds

That way you know they were not damaged by the trucker.
Agreed - it seems crazy to me to buy an expensive car sight unseen
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Yah, it's definitely not like buying a food blender online from Amazon.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maverick61
I honestly didn't think that much of it on a low mileage CPO from a dealership. Do you really think physically seeing it would tell you much more? Yes it has some risk associated with it, but as I said buying a CPO from a dealer is probably the lowest risk way to do it.

My car came 2,000 miles I didn't have time to fly out there and drive it home. However the OP's story does undermine this a little, however I feel like he will have the full power of AoA behind him.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was going to fly out and drive it home, but California, being the commie state it is, makes you pay a sales tax if you buy it in state. At least this is what the dealer told me. 8%...and thats in addition to my states registration tax. $900 to ship it 1,300 miels made more sense at the time.

Further update: dropeed it off ay my local Audi dealer for service...he said it is not showing as CPO in the system...the drama continues.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mp906
I was going to fly out and drive it home, but California, being the commie state it is, makes you pay a sales tax if you buy it in state. At least this is what the dealer told me. 8%...and thats in addition to my states registration tax. $900 to ship it 1,300 miels made more sense at the time.

Further update: dropeed it off ay my local Audi dealer for service...he said it is not showing as CPO in the system...the drama continues.
Ouch, I don't know what the rules are on outing a dealership, but if allowed might be worth mentioning them.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For protection of my fellow AW members:

Audi Palo Alto

If its against the rules, mods please delete.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I honestly didn't think that much of it on a low mileage CPO from a dealership. Do you really think physically seeing it would tell you much more?
Well, in the OPs case, if he saw it and took it for a test drive, I suspect he would have seen nearly every item he listed (except maybe the oil unless he checked it via the MMI)
Old 06-11-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As I mentioned, the fact that it is a CPO SHOULD have eliminated all these issues. The fact that a dealer is willing to risk a run in with AoA over this is probably pretty rare. The only concern I had was that the car could totally stink (BBO!), not sure if that is a criteria on the CPO checklist.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mp906
Did you get an sales order or invoice mailed before processing the paperwork and payment? I would think it would have indicated a CPO if included. If not on the order or invoice, it sounds like either a misunderstanding or the dealer is trying to pull a fast one (which, in this case, would be unusual for an Audi dealer).
Old 06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update: The Service manager sent me a copy of the CPO request, that says "approved pending sale" and indicated the sales staff needed to "update it." Another sales staff FAIL!

Also, it indicates that the CPO cost $1,600, in case you were wondering. The salesmen I have talked to always told me it cost $3k to CPO an Audi...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CPO 2012 A6 Prestige nightmare dealer