Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 283411

Default Cosmetic Damage Repair

I just bought a 2011 A6 in Brilliant Black, that has what seems to be cosmetic damage to the rear passenger fender. I will up load pictures of it soon. What is the best method for DIY repair? I also noticed smaller scuffs where other doors have hit the car. Finally there seem to be small pits in the hood. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
NB_A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273803

Unless you have a body shop I don't see how this will be a DIY. Load up pictures for more clarification.
Superfly_A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_A6 View Post
Unless you have a body shop I don't see how this will be a DIY. Load up pictures for more clarification.
Here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-05-24 10.18.41.jpg (61.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-05-24 10.18.51.jpg (61.5 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-05-24 10.19.06.jpg (35.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 253504

Assuming those are just scuffs and not dents, you may be able to take care of them yourself with a dual action polisher and some polishes or compounds.

Are they just on the surface or do they go deep into the paint?

Upgrades:

* X-Pel Ultimate extended hood / fenders (approx 24"), full front bumper, headlights, mirrors and rear bumper trunk loading area
* S6 sport pedals
* DLS OA10D Subwoofer, JL XD 600/6 amp, Audio Control LCQ-1 OEM integration, six channel signal processor and equalizer, fully dynamatted rear deck where the sub is mounted
* Cocomats
* 19" Avant Garde Wheels with Pirelli All Season Tires
* For winter - 18" Elbrus I02 wheels with Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires
* Llumar Air Blue 80 Tint

* Washed with IronX Snow Soap or Chemical Guys Clear Citrus via a foaming lance
* Detailed with CQuartz, Reload, PERL, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard

Maverick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick61 View Post
Assuming those are just scuffs and not dents, you may be able to take care of them yourself with a dual action polisher and some polishes or compounds.

Are they just on the surface or do they go deep into the paint?
They are slightly dented. Nothing goes beyond the clear coat. I'm almost thinking I need to take it to a body shop and have it fixed. The hood also has some pitting.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169569

Wet-sanding followed by careful polishing will take care of those scuffs. Your local detailing pro will take care of that without breaking the paint. Dents, depending on where located, are taken out by your local Dent Wizard person. Chips on the front end can be easily addressed by Dr Colorchip.

If there is any significant metal deformation, that's a trip to the body shop.
uberwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:53 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 253504

uberwgn pretty much covered your range of options

I would take it to a good body shop and get an estimate from them and then if it is more than you want to spend, work backwards to explore some other options - that individually may be less expensive but in total, who knows could be more than the boddy shop

Upgrades:

* X-Pel Ultimate extended hood / fenders (approx 24"), full front bumper, headlights, mirrors and rear bumper trunk loading area
* S6 sport pedals
* DLS OA10D Subwoofer, JL XD 600/6 amp, Audio Control LCQ-1 OEM integration, six channel signal processor and equalizer, fully dynamatted rear deck where the sub is mounted
* Cocomats
* 19" Avant Garde Wheels with Pirelli All Season Tires
* For winter - 18" Elbrus I02 wheels with Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires
* Llumar Air Blue 80 Tint

* Washed with IronX Snow Soap or Chemical Guys Clear Citrus via a foaming lance
* Detailed with CQuartz, Reload, PERL, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard

Maverick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #8
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwgn View Post
Wet-sanding followed by careful polishing will take care of those scuffs. Your local detailing pro will take care of that without breaking the paint. Dents, depending on where located, are taken out by your local Dent Wizard person. Chips on the front end can be easily addressed by Dr Colorchip.

If there is any significant metal deformation, that's a trip to the body shop.
Thanks for the info. None of the dents are severe. Once I get the time to work on these I will take photos. But that will be awhile. Stationed in Korea for the next few months so repairs will have to happen once I get back, lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a3, audi, cosmetic, cost, damage