Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

is the Cold pkg worth having?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the Cold pkg worth having?

Hi Guys,
I am about to buy a 2012 A6 prestige with LED lights and side assist, and I am going back and forth whether to get the cold package or not. I live in IL and it's pretty cold but the prestige come with heated front seats.
Is anybody with the cold pakg can tell me about his experience.
thank you so much
Old 08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rabat
Hi Guys,
I am about to buy a 2012 A6 prestige with LED lights and side assist, and I am going back and forth whether to get the cold package or not. I live in IL and it's pretty cold but the prestige come with heated front seats.
Is anybody with the cold pakg can tell me about his experience.
thank you so much
In my opinion, heated steering wheel is awesome
Old 08-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the cold weather package in order to get the heated rear seats for my kids. I always felt bad that I get to warm my buns on cold winter mornings while they shiver in the back...

I guess if you're not gonna have back seat passengers too often this may not be necessary. I haven't had a chance to experience the heated steering wheel yet, but I have heard that this is one of those conveniences that once you've experienced you can't imagine not having.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a '10 that I did not get the cold weather pkg with, primarily because I liked the sport steering wheel which you could not get combined w/ heat on the C6 A6's.

I understand that in the C7 models, you can now get both heat and the sport pkg steering wheel. Not sure if you're considering getting a sport pkg, but regardless for $450 I'd say definitely get the cold weather pkg - there were several days this past winter that I would've loved to have had a heated steering wheel (not to mention the heated rear seats for the kids/passengers).
Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi40
I have a '10 that I did not get the cold weather pkg with, primarily because I liked the sport steering wheel which you could not get combined w/ heat on the C6 A6's.

I understand that in the C7 models, you can now get both heat and the sport pkg steering wheel. Not sure if you're considering getting a sport pkg, but regardless for $450 I'd say definitely get the cold weather pkg - there were several days this past winter that I would've loved to have had a heated steering wheel (not to mention the heated rear seats for the kids/passengers).
I my situation, the cold package is really hard to find and according to the dealer, I am going to have to wait a few weeks. But I need a car now... Is it really worth waiting 2 weeks for is my Q?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default cold package owners

can you share your experience with the cold package.
is it worth it? beside the steering wheel and the back seat is the front seat heated seat with the cold pk any different from those that come with the premium plus and prestige?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rabat
can you share your experience with the cold package.
is it worth it? beside the steering wheel and the back seat is the front seat heated seat with the cold pk any different from those that come with the premium plus and prestige?
I had the cold package on my '08 A6, now have Prestige on my 2012 so I have heated seats but not the heated steering. IMO the heated steering is a waste, if its that cold you have gloves on anyway.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you're asking whether there is any difference between the front heated seats with/without the cold weather package, I don't think there is. The package just adds the heated rear seats and the heated steering wheel.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dedalus
If you're asking whether there is any difference between the front heated seats with/without the cold weather package, I don't think there is. The package just adds the heated rear seats and the heated steering wheel.
That is one of my questions and you answered it. thank you.now how about the other? do you have the cold package? is the heated steering worth it?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the cold weather pkg for the kids in the backseat...

Quick Reply: is the Cold pkg worth having?