Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Very familiar with your situation except in my case I was over 200 miles from home when it happened. In my case the dealer replaced the thermostat. The dealer also replaced the water pump as a precaution. I had 41.5K miles on car when this happened. The thermostat appears to be weak link for this engine which is a real shame. Doubt that your tune had anything to do with failure. Also my problem was covered completely under warranty and the dealer knows about my tune.
Turns out it was the thermostat & everything was covered under warranty.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140506_144518.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  18.6 KB
Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since chipwerke controls the relief valve do you guys think that APR pulley can be a great addition since the pressire will build up faster. So more power at lower RPM?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haven't been on AW in awhile but this Chipwerke piggyback mod looks like a cheap way to squeeze out some extra fun power. Been enjoying my A6 for almost 2 years with very little issues.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OSpacer
Since chipwerke controls the relief valve do you guys think that APR pulley can be a great addition since the pressire will build up faster. So more power at lower RPM?
I believe it will work, but that kinda kills the point of it. The great part about a piggyback is that you can quickly pull it off for dealer visits. If you swap the pulley, thats not coming off without major work.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OSpacer
Just so you know, a TMAP tune like this does NOT control the bypass valve. I suppose you could say it does "indirectly" because a tune like this simply tricks the computer into thinking not enough boost is being made so the bypass valve doesn't open as much thus creating more boost.

A tune like APR or GIAC does have direct control over the bypass valve (I understand this to be the case) and that is why those tunes don't drop off so hard above 5000rpm.

Also, a pulley would do nothing for this tune other than to spin the supercharger quicker and force the bypass valve to open sooner. APR can control the valve and when you run a pulley they can spin the blower quicker to make more boost.

FYI...
Old 05-14-2014, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've enjoyed my chipwerke for a couple of months and have put it to use posting respectable autocross and track times.
Yesterday while driving on regular roads I had an orange check engine light come on. I pulled a couple of engine codes. I didn't save the exact number but one was regarding the boost and the other was the MAP and throttle position. I disconnected the piggyback, cleared the codes and the light went away. I'll drive it for a day or so before reconnecting to see if that was in fact culprit.
Did anyone else have a similar issue?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

I haven't had any codes come up. What do you have the CW set for? If you turned it up too far, then it might cause a problem.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I haven't had any codes come up. What do you have the CW set for? If you turned it up too far, then it might cause a problem.
I haven't adjusted anything. I just threw it in. What should it be adjusted to?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flyinglow
I haven't adjusted anything. I just threw it in. What should it be adjusted to?
Nothing, just leave it the way it was delivered. It can be turned up one or two notches for 93 octane, but otherwise, leave it as is.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
dgc
AudiWorld Junior Member

koalaballa, how is the tuningbox going thus far are you happy with it, how is the performance on the TDI.

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results