Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, now the real question; How the heck do we measure Knock Retard on these cars? I reinstalled the module, and turned it up a couple of notches. I need to know if the motor is knocking. I see no KR PIDs in VCDS and the standard OBD-2 KR PID isn't reading. This is the same problem I had with the X5M and why I was so limited power wise with it (I know that thing had 700 in it). Theres more there, but I want to make sure its safe.

Germans make stuff so difficult. Chrysler has PIDs for Short Term and Long Term Knock Retard, as well a Fuel KR and a Spark KR. GM has just 1 KR PID, but its easy to find at least. BMW and Audi, nowhere to be found.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Found this ad on Craig's list

You have an Audi A7 3.0 TFSI? Not enough power? Would you like to get better fuel consumption too?

We presenting the latest German tuning technology available today on the market.
Dyno proven technology, non detectable by factory computers therefor your warranty will stay intact. Reach up to 20% power and torque gains meanwhile lower your fuel consumption by up to 10%. Satisfaction guaranteed. Takes minutes to install. Call today and get free installation.

What is chiptuning?

The computer in your car: the engine control unit / ECU
In today's vehicles, the engine is controlled and monitored by a computer the ECU. This computer is also known as engine control unit, which monitors all functions of the engine. The most important changes for tuning are: Injection rate, boost pressure, ignition timing, exhaust emissions, knock sensor and injection timing. If these values are modified correct, significantly higher performance can be achieved.

Common knowledge : Correct Chiptuning is only possible via OBD-Tuning: WRONG!

How OBD Tuning Works?: Original software of the vehicle is changed.
In earlier times, this statement is certainly true, the possibilities of modification by an additional controller (tuning box) were limited and could not keep up with the classic OBD tuning. Nowadays, however it´s possible to modify the same values by using a Tuning Box - the right electronics paired with advanced engineering and the right software. This way the same results can be achieved just like using OBD tuning, but with added benefits.

Chiptuning via another controller:
Build in your controller by yourself or have it installed by our garage. The installation is easy and fast. It´s only necessary to put the additional controller between sensors and engine control unit, then it is properly fixed and the tuning is ready. All motor protection functions of the motor will be remaining. Furthermore nothing is changed on the vehicle, which means anybody cannot prove the tuning with a tuning box after it´s replaced. Moreover, the Tuning Box can upgrade to another vehicle by our engineering department.
All engine protection functions remain intact in your vehicle! - No risk to your engine
The presence of the Tuning Box is not detectable. The Tuning Box can be upgraded to another vehicle by our shop easily.

Tuning Box - The modern chip tuning:
We must clearly distinguish between conventional box tuning and modern processor controlled performance boxes. The processor-controlled Tuning Box analyzes the characteristics of various values (vehicle dependent) in the nanosecond range. This enables optimization for each driving situation, thus ensuring a noticeable power increase and less fuel consumption. The motor protection function does not need to be deactivated, and diagnostic checks can still be carried out correctly, which means repairs and services can be carried out easily in your workshop. The motor protection function monitors all levels of the engine and the vehicle. If, for example, temperatures deviate from the norm, the vehicle displays a message, thereby ensuring durability and safety. Of course, the speed limiter and the original software of the vehicle are maintained. In modern power boxes, the software plays an important role, and it must be matched perfectly to the vehicle. We do however guarantee your satisfaction. High quality and thoughtful programming can only take place if optimally aligned hardware (processor performance, component selection, etc.) and software are chosen.

Pro:
 Motor protection function remains completely intact
 diagnostic capability is retained
 original vehicle software is not modified
 Error codes can be read
 Simple removal (marked)
 More power can be acitvated / deactivated by the remote control
Contra:
 The maximum speed is maintained

OBD Tuning - The classic chip tuning:
With OBD tuning, the original software is changed. Newer vehicles can have this done via the OBD interface. With older vehicles, the original chips are often replaced by the tuning chip. Good OBD chip tuning can sometimes lead to higher performance, however, the motor protection function often has to be disabled for this purpose. If OBD tuning is completed carelessly, serious engine damage can occur. For this reason, you should specify the maximum power when making your purchase. Moreover, it often causes problems during the vehicle services. Chip tuning is usually detected and the vehicle is no longer Diagnostics capability it is discovered by the dealer. In warranty cases it can lead to difficulties. Another costly visit to the OBD tuner is often therefore needed, in order to restore the vehicles functions for supporting diagnostic checks.

Pro:
 often, the maximum speed limit can be disabled
Contra:
 motor protection function is deactivated (engine damage may occur)
 support of diagnostic checks sometimes usually lost
 repair difficulties in car workshops
 In some cases, difficult to remove
 Tuning cannot be activated / deactivated
 At many new cars, all software changes in log files are stored and indelible secured

POWERBOX - ADVANTAGES

Modern processors
In our power boxes you will find only high quality and fast processors. The top models of our processors operate in the nanosecond range and can realize an fast characteristic optimization. This important speed advantage underlines our endeavor to technological leadership!

Power adjustable
Your Tuning Box comes with a special software for your vehicle. The customized software is shipped with the default setting, you can adjust according to your wishes and requirements as needed at any time easily.

Fuel saving
At constant driving you reduce your fuel consumption by up to 10%. Performance and environmental protection are no longer in conflict!

Our plug: Inhouse-development
At our plug-in connection of the Tuning Box for cable kit we did no compromises and have therefore decided to in-house development. So that all records can be transferred safely and quickly!

Aluminum housing
At our inhouse developed housing, we rely on aluminum with special soft plastic seals. Also, our automotive connector is an inhouse-development and water resistant. The tightness (water and dirt) is defined by the so-called IP-class. Here we are in protection class IP 67, which corresponds to a comparatively high standard.

Remote Control (optional only for $100)
Our top model features a remote control. Thus, the Performance Box can be easily activated from inside the vehicle and disabled. Depending on your needs in this way provides the Performance Box power at your fingertips!

Made in Germany
Our products are designed, developed and produced right here in Germany.

Updatable
Made easy vehicle change. When you purchase a new or different car, we can reprogram your Performance Box in almost all cases for your new car. This update our service only costs $119.99 and is very much cheaper than it would be a new acquisition.

Our Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your Tuning Box or more performance achieved for any reason, talk to us - we want you to be completely satisfied and have fun in our products!

Our quality control
Every single Tuning Box runs through a triple quality control that is supplemented by a further function control. Thus, we achieve the high quality with minimal tolerances.

Up to 26% more power
We reach for many vehicles a power increase of up to 26%. Search for your vehicle below "vehicle selection" and find the exact additional power for your vehicle.

Software development
We have packed all our know-how and all of our experiences in the Tuning Box. We leave nothing to chance. We rely on experienced engineers, who have already made a few developments in this relation.

Experience in racing
Our management- and development team can now look back on 40 years of racing experience in motorsports. This expertise - combined with the knowledge of our engineers, makes our Tuning Box to a great product.

Easy to install
The matching cable set is included. Connector is already included at each delivery with. You simply insert the Tuning Box, secure and away you go!

Call or email for full information specs available options for your vehicle.

Audi A7 3.0 TFSI tuning kit
Audi A7 3.0 TFSI chiptuning
Audi A7 3.0 TFSI TuningBox
Audi tuning
Audi A7 series tuning
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4387973811 posted: 9 days ago updated: 5 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Old 04-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Banned

Possible problem. The stock boost gauge is turning RED on the top end. I don't recall that ever happening without the module, so its possible that the ECU is seeing the extra boost.
Can somebody check and see if it does that stock? You have to have turned it on with VCDS or you won't have the Lap Timer screen or Boost gauge.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Possible problem. The stock boost gauge is turning RED on the top end. I don't recall that ever happening without the module, so its possible that the ECU is seeing the extra boost. Can somebody check and see if it does that stock? You have to have turned it on with VCDS or you won't have the Lap Timer screen or Boost gauge. Video Link: http://youtu.be/EjPSoqf5IVQ
And if that is the case the extra boost was recorded in the history logs
I am sure my car will show the same thing with my tune but the 2012 models do not have the boost indicator enabled (even with vagcom)
Old 04-02-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Possible problem. The stock boost gauge is turning RED on the top end. I don't recall that ever happening without the module, so its possible that the ECU is seeing the extra boost.
Can somebody check and see if it does that stock? You have to have turned it on with VCDS or you won't have the Lap Timer screen or Boost gauge.
I don't understand. Why was there ever a question that the car wouldn't recognize the extra boost? It just doesn't know what is causing it.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I don't understand. Why was there ever a question that the car wouldn't recognize the extra boost? It just doesn't know what is causing it.
Because the way the module works, is by telling the MAP sensors that the readings are lower than they actually are, so they think the boost isn't there. Thats why they allow the bypass valve to close and the motor can make boost rather than the air going through the bypass tube.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mike, are you referring to the green rectangles that turn to red? That's not the boost gauge, that's simply the shift lights.

The boost gauge only shows up on the turbo cars (TDI and S's) from what I have read and is a little white bar that rises from bottom to top in the lower left corner of the center screen.

Maybe I'm not following what you are seeing?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by forza1976
Mike, are you referring to the green rectangles that turn to red? That's not the boost gauge, that's simply the shift lights.

The boost gauge only shows up on the turbo cars (TDI and S's) from what I have read and is a little white bar that rises from bottom to top in the lower left corner of the center screen.

Maybe I'm not following what you are seeing?
I will confirm that is NOT what the boost gauge looks like on the S6. It is a vertical bar on the left side. I just thought it might have been different on the A6.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Because the way the module works, is by telling the MAP sensors that the readings are lower than they actually are, so they think the boost isn't there. Thats why they allow the bypass valve to close and the motor can make boost rather than the air going through the bypass tube.
Ok, didn't realize that MAP was the only thing it used to measure boost.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I will confirm that is NOT what the boost gauge looks like on the S6. It is a vertical bar on the left side. I just thought it might have been different on the A6.
Word

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results