Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Car key holder/case

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that dealer always give away free key chain?
I am not sure if my dealer will give me one...
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
Is that dealer always give away free key chain?
I am not sure if my dealer will give me one...
The dealers here give away many things because the price of the cars are much more than then US. Things I got for free: window tinting for every window, key chains, leather iPad case, dual channel black box, a gas/credid card holder. Blue AMI cord for iphone and a hi pass system for tolls (EZ pass for you Americans). Yes this seems like a lot of give aways, but typical promotions for foreign car brands here. All of these are tax deductables for the dealers here so it doesn't impact their sales revenues too much.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sunny - sorry to hijack your thread - what did you end up with?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey!

You mean car or key chain?
My car is not yet delivered (but I end up getting an A6 3.0T prestige, phantom black, with 20" sport, side assist, full led).

I think I will get the mont blanc key chain.

Here's some sample photos paired with Audi's car key...

Click this "按這裡檢視圖片" in the following link to load the images (9 total).

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....6&p=1#17917825

Originally Posted by ThorsHammer
Sunny - sorry to hijack your thread - what did you end up with?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Blue AMI? I thought we should get Red one in order to make album art works?

This is true. In where I grew up, the Audi is twice more expensive than in US.

The dealers will give you tinting, radar detector, dash cam...etc.
Even more, they will offer you to install TV for your MMI system.

Originally Posted by Inyoury
The dealers here give away many things because the price of the cars are much more than then US. Things I got for free: window tinting for every window, key chains, leather iPad case, dual channel black box, a gas/credid card holder. Blue AMI cord for iphone and a hi pass system for tolls (EZ pass for you Americans). Yes this seems like a lot of give aways, but typical promotions for foreign car brands here. All of these are tax deductables for the dealers here so it doesn't impact their sales revenues too much.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
Blue AMI? I thought we should get Red one in order to make album art works?

This is true. In where I grew up, the Audi is twice more expensive than in US.

The dealers will give you tinting, radar detector, dash cam...etc.
Even more, they will offer you to install TV for your MMI system.
That's right Blue one. I didn't even know there was a red one. He gave it to me without even mentioning there were two different ones. The TV as you mentioned is installed in. DMB (digital media base) satellite TV, only Korean channels and foreign news channels. The bad thing about the DMB system is that they has to stall a 3rd party rear cam software. The existing conflicts and causes lots of system errors. No real big difference in viewing, I just have to remove the DMB before I take it in for service if the rear camera breaks. Something with the warranty issue. But the dealer offer to remove and reinstall after the service(s).

You might want to look at http://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/shop/c/499/mont-blanc-keyrings/

I am thinking about the top right key chain.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am thinking about the top right key chain.
I'm curious why you want to hang stuff on the fob? As I don't have to use the fob to either open or start the car, it stays in my pocket along with a separate keyring with house/gate keys that I do have to remove.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
I'm curious why you want to hang stuff on the fob? As I don't have to use the fob to either open or start the car, it stays in my pocket along with a separate keyring with house/gate keys that I do have to remove.
I live in a city with 20 million people with in the metro. Parking is a big problem and valet is extremely common. Even coffee shops have valet service. So when you hand them yours, they need to put it up on a key rack with many other car keys. Audi A8s and A6s are also very common in my community, so they can get a few if not a dozen A6 key fobs. I used to not carry a key chain/ring around my previous car keys and the valet would put on something that tends to scratch the metal part of the smart key. Unless you want scratches or some sort of damage to the key fob, you are going to need a key chain. The one I am considering has a large hole to hang from and yet isn't too big. Very simple and classy.

In addition, just about no one has regular keys here, unless you live in the country side. We use RF cards or license plate scanners on the cars for apartment/condo/home gates and we have credit size security key cards which we keep in our wallets for our home doors. Or our cell phones use RF/NFC frequencies programmed to our home doors and locks and unlocks by proximity. Very convenient.

Last edited by Inyoury; 03-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I live in a city with 20 million people with in the metro. Parking is a big problem and valet is extremely common. Even coffee shops have valet service. So when you hand them yours, they need to put it up on a key rack with many other car keys. Audi A8s and A6s are also very common in my community, so they can get a few if not a dozen A6 key fobs. I used to not carry a key chain/ring around my previous car keys and the valet would put on something that tends to scratch the metal part of the smart key. Unless you want scratches or some sort of damage to the key fob, you are going to need a key chain. The one I am considering has a large hole to hang from and yet isn't too big. Very simple and classy.

In addition, just about no one has regular keys here, unless you live in the country side. We use RF cards or license plate scanners on the cars for apartment/condo/home gates and we have credit size security key cards which we keep in our wallets for our home doors. Or our cell phones use RF/NFC frequencies programmed to our home doors and locks and unlocks by proximity. Very convenient.
Interesting. Thanks much for taking the time for the great explanation
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I live in a city with 20 million people with in the metro. Parking is a big problem and valet is extremely common. Even coffee shops have valet service.

Unless you want scratches or some sort of damage to the key fob, you are going to need a key chain. .
What city to you live in?

With all that valet parking I understand the potential key fob scratches - but do you end up with lots of scratches, dings and other abuse to your A6?

Quick Reply: Car key holder/case