Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Can you disable the rear side marker led's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you disable the rear side marker led's?

I plan on disabling my front ambers, however I am wondering if you can disable the rear side LED markers? I'm refering to the left and right 3LED strips that are not part of the main cluster.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to look at my set up as I don't exactly know what lights you are talking about. However I doubt it. One I didn't see the option on Vag when I did my front ambers, but 2, are they read and part of the brake system? I imagine you want those working. At least I want all my lights working since I tinted mine. I know, kind of contradictory, but all the LED's are bright enough to announce my stopping.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hockenheim
I plan on disabling my front ambers, however I am wondering if you can disable the rear side LED markers? I'm refering to the left and right 3LED strips that are not part of the main cluster.
Aside from being illegal, for what reason?
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

[QUOTE="PJRed2008;24513567"] Aside from being illegal, for what reason?[/QUOTE
Because he doesn't like the looks of it
Just like a front license,or window tinting all those are "illegal" too
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hockenheim
I don't think you can and if you remove the bulb you may have an alert
Only the front ones though vag com
Old 11-27-2013, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=feralc;24513626]
Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Aside from being illegal, for what reason?[/QUOTE
Because he doesn't like the looks of it
Just like a front license,or window tinting all those are "illegal" too
Disabling safety devices is not the same as not running a front license plate. Window tinting is legal in all the states I have been in, at least to what a normal person would want to do.

Disabling safety devices because somebody thinks it looks cool is stupid. If someone wants to kill themselves I really couldn't care less, but when their stupidity endangers others on the highway, then I care. And is why I asked.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=PJRed2008;24513664]
Originally Posted by feralc

Disabling safety devices is not the same as not running a front license plate. Window tinting is legal in all the states I have been in, at least to what a normal person would want to do.

Disabling safety devices because somebody thinks it looks cool is stupid. If someone wants to kill themselves I really couldn't care less, but when their stupidity endangers others on the highway, then I care. And is why I asked.
So all the cars in Europe (which don't have side marker lights) are stupidly endangering everybody?
That's odd because in Germany you can drive as fast as you can in certain areas of the autobahn and with no side marker lights, and still it is safer than US freeways.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=PJRed2008;24513664]

Attached Images  

Last edited by directorguy7; 11-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=feralc;24513708]

So all the cars in Europe (which don't have side marker lights) are stupidly endangering everybody?
That's odd because in Germany you can drive as fast as you can in certain areas of the autobahn and with no side marker lights, and still it is safer than US freeways.
Maybe you don't remember back before we had side markers. I do and it was very difficult to see cars then. I don't care what EU does, I don't drive there.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

You are right thank God for the NHTSA and the department of transportation for keeping us safe with their regulations, otherwise we will be endangered by Pagani Zondas, Nissan Skylines, TVR's, or Land Rover defenders.
And they did in fact make a great change to Ferrari bumpers, just like Pininfarina and Enzo intended.
They should ban dark cars then, and saying you don't drive in the EU so you don't care is that cocky attitude of believing the world begins in the west coast and ends in the east coast.
Remember when alcohol was "illegal" during the 20s, your statement could have been used the same way
"Maybe you don't remember back before we had prohibition, I do and it was very difficult to deal with drunks back then, I don't care what EU does, I don't live there"

Last edited by feralc; 11-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Can you disable the rear side marker led's?