Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cadillac CTS 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cadillac CTS 2014

Looks like Caddy is stepping it up a bit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/2...t-drive-video/

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/c...lac-cts-video/

I'll be curious how the non v sport matches up with the A6
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The interior is just not lux enough for the price point and who they are going after I feel. At the end of the day the Chevy Malibu has a similar looking feel with regards to the interior. Maybe not this new one with the red bottom, but when I sit in a high priced Cadi or a vette (sorry vette owners on this forum), I just don't feel like the car matches the price. My son who is going on 4 is begging me to buy a vette (his current favorite hot wheels car), but when the time comes to go from hot wheels to the real deal, I am going Porsche 911.

As for Caddi, I thought about the XTS when I was getting ready to buy. They just don't do it for me.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wifes linc mkx has that stupid volume 'swipe' bar also.
i despise it and cannot modulate it whatsoever.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
The interior is just not lux enough for the price point and who they are going after I feel. At the end of the day the Chevy Malibu has a similar looking feel with regards to the interior. Maybe not this new one with the red bottom, but when I sit in a high priced Cadi or a vette (sorry vette owners on this forum), I just don't feel like the car matches the price. My son who is going on 4 is begging me to buy a vette (his current favorite hot wheels car), but when the time comes to go from hot wheels to the real deal, I am going Porsche 911.

As for Caddi, I thought about the XTS when I was getting ready to buy. They just don't do it for me.
I agree about the interior on Vette's but I find it a little more forgiveable because they are sports cars and not luxury sedans. I drove a CTS-V and liked it the least out of the big boys. But it also was the cheapest by far.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure my $65K A6 has a luxury enough interior to be honest, read my review and you'll see I find the leather and several other interior appointments not up to my expectations of a $65K car. My $57K M37S felt way more luxurious on the inside than my A6 does. Beauty (and luxury) is in the eye and touch of the beholder.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by keithl
I'm not sure my $65K A6 has a luxury enough interior to be honest, read my review and you'll see I find the leather and several other interior appointments not up to my expectations of a $65K car. My $57K M37S felt way more luxurious on the inside than my A6 does. Beauty (and luxury) is in the eye and touch of the beholder.
I agree with the last comment. That is the beauty of having so many options in cars to choose from. I personally feel that the luxury that might be missing is found on more boring cars, or cars that you are driven in, not driving in. Japanese luxury seems to be a bit different than German luxury. I think to get the interiors you might consider more luxurious, I think you sacrifice in another area. My personal opinion of course. I feel the A6 is an all around car. I know I feel pretty good driving it, and they have made huge strides in the lux department from my C5.

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I agree about the interior on Vette's but I find it a little more forgiveable because they are sports cars and not luxury sedans.
Maybe I am unfairly hard on vettes as I never have actually driven or even ridden in one. However visually speaking, would you take a comparable priced 911 or a vette? I have driven the 911 and the interior is nice. The car is nice. I had the poster on the wall as a child, and driving one, has just made me want to put one in the garage. Maybe I have blinders on, but there is a reason that car barely changes from year to year. It is really a realistic daily driver sports car.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe I am unfairly hard on vettes as I never have actually driven or even ridden in one. However visually speaking, would you take a comparable priced 911 or a vette? I have driven the 911 and the interior is nice. The car is nice. I had the poster on the wall as a child, and driving one, has just made me want to put one in the garage. Maybe I have blinders on, but there is a reason that car barely changes from year to year. It is really a realistic daily driver sports car.
Well whenever it comes time for you to add another vehicle you'll have something to look forward to. Vette's are certainly fun to drive and have excelled in recent years giving the U.S. some competition in high sports cars. In my opinion the $115,000 ZR1 is closer to a track car than a daily driver. It is a real beast to drive on a daily basis. The Z06 still offers great performance but is also a manageable daily driver.

All that said, Vette's and Porsche's are very different vehicles and I would take the Porsche as a daily driver or as a weekend track car over any Corvette.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Well whenever it comes time for you to add another vehicle you'll have something to look forward to. Vette's are certainly fun to drive and have excelled in recent years giving the U.S. some competition in high sports cars. In my opinion the $115,000 ZR1 is closer to a track car than a daily driver. It is a real beast to drive on a daily basis. The Z06 still offers great performance but is also a manageable daily driver.

All that said, Vette's and Porsche's are very different vehicles and I would take the Porsche as a daily driver or as a weekend track car over any Corvette.
I have owned four C6's, including a Z06 for three and a half years. I have driven a ZR1. Your analysis of the two is backwards. Also, the interior is not nearly as bad as the mags make it out to be. It certainly could be better, but you pay a big premium for the Porsche interior. The new C7 may close the gap a lot.