Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 "Hidden" Gems List

Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Update:

I've just been playing with this and discovered that if you lock the car, then unlock it without entering the vehicle, it will auto-lock after a minute or so without regard to the key's range. It will not auto-lock if you just exit the car and walk away without locking it. Interesting design change by Audi. As I wrote above, my A4 would lock itself after awhile, also no matter how far away the key.
Snag,

I knew about the unlocking, not entering, than relocking of the car as I have had a few cars that do that. You say your A4 had the auto lock feature. I know you Vag, Do you think you can vag the auto lock feature for our car? That would make the gem a bit brighter. I have not looked at all the vag options since I am still vagless, but I would think perhaps there is a code? I assume you have not heard anything about that possibility.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Snag,

I knew about the unlocking, not entering, than relocking of the car as I have had a few cars that do that. You say your A4 had the auto lock feature. I know you Vag, Do you think you can vag the auto lock feature for our car? That would make the gem a bit brighter. I have not looked at all the vag options since I am still vagless, but I would think perhaps there is a code? I assume you have not heard anything about that possibility.
NV, Don't really want to turn this into a Vag-Com thread either but no, I haven't seen a code for that. I can tell you I'm a Vag "wimp" so I only make tried and true tested mods, so wouldn't know if it can be done. Could be a question for the experts on the Vag-Com mods thread though.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

-'Kickdown' switch on the gas pedal
For the CVT, you can press the gas pedal until just before 'kickdown notch' so you will get full throttle and the CVT will let engine revs build as you accelerate. But if you press the gas pedal past the kickdown notch, the CVT will 'downshift', engine revs will build to max power rpm much quicker, and the CVT will hold the revs there for maximum power and acceleration.

-Press and hold the volume **** to turn off the MMI, and the screen will retract.

-Adjustable height center armrest
There is a ratcheting mechanism so on the way up, you can stop at the desired height and it will stay there. To lower it, lift it up all the way, then close it and it will go all the way to the bottom.

-Puddle lights in the door handles
They only function when the headlights are in the Auto position.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#9 with the auto shutoff fan does not work in my car. Any ideas?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
#9 with the auto shutoff fan does not work in my car. Any ideas?
Try this:

1. Turn off car completely
2. Press and hold fan button for at least 4 seconds until temperature display turns on
3. Wait about 10 seconds; fan will start running
4. Exit car and lock; fan continues to run and delivers air at temps using what's already in the system (warm or cool); eventually air temp will equal ambient temp of car interior (no engine running to maintain temp)and the fan will shut off in about 10 minutes or so (I haven't timed it exactly).
Old 06-15-2013, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Oscar2
Another time that street view shows up is when you give the nav a destination. As you approach your destination, it will show you the street view of it in the upper left (presumably so you will know what to look for when you see it).
Is anyone seeing this in the U.S. MMI screen? If so, what MMI software version and what settings (i.e. Google Earth or Standard Map zoomed in or out, "Complete" or "Route" only info setting on screen, Nav map or overview scrolling map w/center selector pressed, using actual address or POI destination from internal database or Online Destinations, etc.)

I believe I've tried all combinations and still no Street View photo appears on my screen near a destination that I know has a Street View available (orange head icon is at the location when I go to the scrollable map; I can see it then). I have MMI 0566.
The following users liked this post:
12OolongA6 (12-07-2019)
Old 06-15-2013, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is anyone seeing this in the U.S. MMI screen? If so, what MMI software version and what settings (i.e. Google Earth or Standard Map zoomed in or out, "Complete" or "Route" only info setting on screen, Nav map or overview scrolling map w/center selector pressed, using actual address or POI destination from internal database or Online Destinations, etc.)

I believe I've tried all combinations and still no Street View photo appears on my screen near a destination that I know has a Street View available (orange head icon is at the location when I go to the scrollable map; I can see it then). I have MMI 0566.
I looked for an MMI sw version number and what I got was:
HN+R_US_AU_P0609
Are the last 4 digits the equivalent to your 0566 number (or am I just looking in the wrong place)?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

0609 is it. Started appearing mid year 2013 models.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try this:

1. Turn off car completely
2. Press and hold fan button for at least 4 seconds until temperature display turns on
3. Wait about 10 seconds; fan will start running
4. Exit car and lock; fan continues to run and delivers air at temps using what's already in the system (warm or cool); eventually air temp will equal ambient temp of car interior (no engine running to maintain temp)and the fan will shut off in about 10 minutes or so (I haven't timed it exactly).
Ok thanks. Will try that.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This happens on my C7 A6, I'll get the SW version as soon as I can. Currently its at the dealer getting a wheel repaired.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 "Hidden" Gems List