Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bought New 2016 A6 , Next day Check engine sign :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought New 2016 A6 , Next day Check engine sign :(

Hello ,
I bought New 2016 A6 prestige, drove about 70 miles and next day Check Engine ...
Currently at dealer, they said. They are getting lots of codes, not sure what to do, they need to contact AUDI tech...
So basically my car is in ICU, Please pray for my car.. , It need your blessings...see if it survive...

May be a question on Audi's quality control ??
Old 07-09-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow that sucks. I would cancel the transaction if it turns out to be anything very significant, all companies can produce a lemon from time to time.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks,
I called my dealer from where i bought, but seems like they are not interested helping me. I signed the paper work on june -30, and got my car on july -6.

Now, for the check up i am at the dealer close to my house, and they are looking in to it. but how do i go about this ? i called and complained to Audi about the dealer, They also called the dealer and see if i can return the car, but it looks like they go by dealer's return policy. and since its 2 days the dealer doesnt wanna take car back.

Any idea, what should i do in this situation ? or as a consumer what are my options ?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest you first wait and see what's wrong with the car - could be as simple as a bad sensor.

Once the extent of the failures is known - then I'd plan my next move. Are you US based?
Old 07-09-2015, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
Once the extent of the failures is known - then I'd plan my next move. Are you US based?
Not one location in the whole thread but ColoradoMark might be a clue?
Old 07-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by McFuzz
I'd suggest you first wait and see what's wrong with the car - could be as simple as a bad sensor.

Yes ! Illinois..
I dont think its just a bad sensor, as i was waiting at the delear , hopping that its just a minor thing and they can quickly fix it.
But after 30 min, service man said your car is throwing lots of codes and we need to contact AUDI for that. and game me a lowner.

I am curious to know what are my options ?

Last edited by jigsb007; 07-09-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jigsb007
Thanks,
I called my dealer from where i bought, but seems like they are not interested helping me. I signed the paper work on june -30, and got my car on july -6.

Now, for the check up i am at the dealer close to my house, and they are looking in to it. but how do i go about this ? i called and complained to Audi about the dealer, They also called the dealer and see if i can return the car, but it looks like they go by dealer's return policy. and since its 2 days the dealer doesnt wanna take car back.

Any idea, what should i do in this situation ? or as a consumer what are my options ?
Expecting another new car for a CEL is frankly, over the top.
A new A6 today has umpteen thousand parts. To have any one of them with an initial defect is not uncommon and not cause to return a car unless it can't be fixed (three times or out of commission for a month or so in many states to qualify for a lemon law). Your options? More than likely it's something simple and easily fixed. I wouldn't get too excited just yet - give the dealer a chance to resolve it.

Last edited by snagitseven; 07-09-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good News !
Just got a call from dealer, its was some pipe with fuel pump was loose. its all set to go now, cant wait to pick it up.
I was bit nervous since they said there are lots of error code..

thank you all...
Old 07-09-2015, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jigsb007
Good News !
Just got a call from dealer, its was some pipe with fuel pump was loose. its all set to go now, cant wait to pick it up.
I was bit nervous since they said there are lots of error code..

thank you all...
Good to hear.. Don't be too concerned with lots of error codes being thrown as a result. Lots of the engine electronics/fault sensors are interrelated and it can trigger a domino effect when one thing is bad.
They shouldn't recur one the problem is fixed and all error codes reset.
Good luck!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Well, there you go. A simple fix. No need to return the car after all.

Quick Reply: Bought New 2016 A6 , Next day Check engine sign :(