Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

The Bose Stereo. Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love crappy audio.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mannya4
What? the headlight washers do not work?
Gosh...I have to check this....
Not sure if you are being faceteous or serious. But I can tell you that I never knew that my car did not have functioning headlight washers until several months after I bought it and I tried using them and found that pulling on the washer stick when the lights were on did not work as it used to in previous models. I called the dealer for a service appointment which is when I found out that we in the US do not have the washers.

Total bullsh*t that Audi is so dismissive of its US customers. I mean come on, if you are going to screw the consumer, at least have the decency to mount a US only fender which does not have the washer cutouts clearly visible so that every time I see them, it is like rubbing salt into the wound.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Westchesterrick
Not sure if you are being faceteous or serious. But I can tell you that I never knew that my car did not have functioning headlight washers until several months after I bought it and I tried using them and found that pulling on the washer stick when the lights were on did not work as it used to in previous models. I called the dealer for a service appointment which is when I found out that we in the US do not have the washers.

Total bullsh*t that Audi is so dismissive of its US customers. I mean come on, if you are going to screw the consumer, at least have the decency to mount a US only fender which does not have the washer cutouts clearly visible so that every time I see them, it is like rubbing salt into the wound.
Yet in Europe it is a legal requirement to have headlight washers if you have Xenon or LED headlights due to dirt on the lens defracting the light and causing dazzle to oncoming drivers, also a requirement in countries such as Sweden and Norway regardless of the type of light fitted. My UK A6 with halogen has the cut outs in the bumper (fender) for the washers (as did my C6 before). Guess it is cheaper for Audi to make just two types of bumper (standard and S-Line) rather than 3 or 4 and not worry about those not getting washers.

To the other poster complaining about no front fog lights, these have been dropped on all A6s regardless of destination if they have either LED or Xenon lights fitted. For those cars with Xenons the DRLs performing as good a solution as fog lights and for those with LEDs there are additional "All Weather" lights fitted in the LED unit. It also then gives Audi a place to put the sensors for the Radar Cruise Control when fitted. Whilst the compass has gone from the rear view mirror (I think this was only ever offered in the North American market) there is now one included (for everyone?) in the display between the speedo and rev counter
Old 09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Westchesterrick

I am dead serious...I have Audi A4 and headlights washer are functioning...I bought the car in May and have not yet tried it...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm hearing lots of complaints about the Bose - any reccos on a good after-market upgrade?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiantEli
Let me bottom line this for the group...

This stereo sucks.

The subwoofer is an abomination, the power output is miserable, and well, Bose should be ashamed.

I didn't pick up the B&O because I could spend $6k and upgrade the Bose to acceptability, but I had no idea how bad it would be. Not sure if the B&O is six grand better, but based on what I know from the Danish job in the S4, it would have at least been acceptable.

Avoid at all costs.
For those of us with the Bose Stereo that are disappointed--I just took my one year old A6 Prestige in for its first service and there is a MMI software upgrade that came out on 9/24. It takes two hours to do the load and OMG, what a difference!! I haven't listened to the B&O but my wife has one in her Q5 and we're pretty close now. I honest to god think that music wasn't being driven to all speakers prior to the upgrade. Bass is much better, the spatial separation is much better, and I don't think I need to do the subwoofer upgrade at this point. I'm no expert and not as into the stereo as when I was younger but it's quite remarkable to me. I hope it also fixed my adaptive cruise which flaked out on me three times during the hottest days this summer and magically reset itself. Check it out and go get it done, well worth the time.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pat clark
For those of us with the Bose Stereo that are disappointed--I just took my one year old A6 Prestige in for its first service and there is a MMI software upgrade that came out on 9/24. It takes two hours to do the load and OMG, what a difference!! I haven't listened to the B&O but my wife has one in her Q5 and we're pretty close now. I honest to god think that music wasn't being driven to all speakers prior to the upgrade. Bass is much better, the spatial separation is much better, and I don't think I need to do the subwoofer upgrade at this point. I'm no expert and not as into the stereo as when I was younger but it's quite remarkable to me. I hope it also fixed my adaptive cruise which flaked out on me three times during the hottest days this summer and magically reset itself. Check it out and go get it done, well worth the time.
Thanks for the news. Sounds great (no pun intended). Can you post what version you have now?
Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeland
Thanks for the news. Sounds great (no pun intended). Can you post what version you have now?
Yeah, I was just in for my 5000 mile service and they told me there were no updates for my car. I picked mine up in June.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you please provide the TSB or the version number....? I think almost everyone with BOSE would like to get the Uodate. Thank you
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Archieafroz
Can you please provide the TSB or the version number....? I think almost everyone with BOSE would like to get the Uodate. Thank you
OK, found it. This supposedly came out on 9/24/12.

My software version reads: HN+R_US_AU_K0566_5

Nav reads: 8 R0060884D NAR 5.5.5

I don't know the TSB numbers folks.

Cheers.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, found it. This supposedly came out on 9/24/12.

My software version reads: HN+R_US_AU_K0566_5

Nav reads: 8 R0060884D NAR 5.5.5

I don't know the TSB numbers folks.

Cheers.
Thank you Pat Clark.

Quick Reply: The Bose Stereo. Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love crappy audio.