Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bose

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose

My new A6 will come with the Bose sound system. Can any of you guys with the Bose tell me what you thing of it?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think it sounds better then the B/O sys,but thats just me,
Old 11-23-2011, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi01a6
I think it sounds better then the B/O sys,but thats just me,
I never heard the B&O either but I assume you're very happy with your Bose. What's it like - clear crisp highs and deep bass?
Old 11-23-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Bose system is ok, it sure doesnt sound like a 600+ watts system. My car is only 2 days old, maybe I need to wait a few month for the speakers to break in.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the one thing i am extremely disappointed about my car. At the last minute i went with the Prestige which comes with blose as standard. It sounds slightly less full then the B&O. Honestly i think the Audi symphony sounds much much more rich.

Not thrilled with any of them B&0 is a total waste of money. Bose, if you get prestige you dont have the option to get symphany.

For a 60k car i should have a good sound system. i knew going going into it that it would suck, put the prestige options outways the sh!tty sound bose provides.

Im in the home audio market and am a bose dealer, ive been to bose headquarters and ive seen how they design the cars audio system. For as much time and effort they put into it it should be better then this...

Anyway, since no one else has said it i will

No Highs, No Lows, Must be Bose
Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I rather enjoy the Bose system in the A6. It blows the doors off the Bose system found in the C5 Corvette. High's are clean enough for me. The bass is a lot better than what I was anticipating. Put on Krazy by Pitbull, and you'll see what I am talking about. Then again I'm not an audiophile so just as long as things are clear and crisp to me that's all that matters.

Don't forget, the music you hear will only be as good as the source you put into it. Don't expect to be blown away with a compressed MP3 file. I'd recommend sitting in one at the delaership and seeing what you think of one.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've got the standard Audi Symphony, and compared to my brother's Bose equipped C6 A6, and my father's Bose equipped D3 A8, it sucks! There is no way to get clear sound without playing loud. Too loud, and it doesn't sound good either. It is not a surround system, and doesn't adjust volume according to external noise. In other words, get the Bose. Does anyone know if a Bose stereo system can be retrofitted? Does it use the same wiring as the symphony?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Now that I have had my prestige for a month, I am really liking the Bose, though I was not crazy about it at first. I have the treble pretty much cranked and the auto-pilot sound adjustment off, and the speakers two ticks to the rear (and no driver-centric settings) and its great. It truly is only as good as the source, like Blackz06 says, and the ipod sounds pretty crappy because it appears it is pulling the audio feed and not a direct digital feed. When I import 320 bitrate mp3s into the jukebox, they sound great. CDs and DVDs sound great too, but the ipod is definitely lacking, and the bluetooth from my android is terrible. There is also a serious bluetooth lag, say, if you wanted to watch a video on your phone or tablet and have sound via bluetooth: not happening.

IMHO, give the Bose a month, it'll grow on you.

-m
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fvike
I've got the standard Audi Symphony, and compared to my brother's Bose equipped C6 A6, and my father's Bose equipped D3 A8, it sucks! There is no way to get clear sound without playing loud. Too loud, and it doesn't sound good either. It is not a surround system, and doesn't adjust volume according to external noise. In other words, get the Bose. Does anyone know if a Bose stereo system can be retrofitted? Does it use the same wiring as the symphony?
Not sure if the US-base sound is the same as Norway but a couple thoughts...

We do have speed-sensitive audio adjustment on the base model. 2nd thought is more of an opinion, but mine is quite clear, quiet or loud.

3rd - car audio should NOT be surround sound. Go talk to car audio pros. It's not the same as being a home theater watching a movie. You want a clear front-stage, and that's it. Any rear speakers should only be used for some slight filler, if any (and of course, your subwoofer is typically in the rear, but Low Freq. are non-directional anyway so it doesn't matter). Think about it, think about how CDs are recorded. 2-channel. Not 5.1.

If you want to watch a DVD in your car...that's a whole other subject.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found the bass on the Bose to be weak and it doesn't sound like it has 600+ watts since I tested it by putting the volume to max on a CD. I noticed an improvement in bass when I focused the sound to the front seats and increased the DSP Bose surround sound setting. The Bose on my former 2011 to be better even though it had 450 watts since it had more audio settings to adjust such as subwoofer.

Last edited by carbuff_2; 11-29-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: correction

Quick Reply: Bose