Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Black headliner (and all the hype)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black headliner (and all the hype)

Prior to taking delivery of my car I seen a lot of folks on here saying how great the black headliner looks. I was waiting for my car to come in and didn't know what I was going to get. I was disappointed when I seen my headliner was gray. After driving it for a while I thought about it more. I thought black headliner with black leather seating would be too dark, and confined. I went to the dealer the other day, sat in a all black interior and confirmed my beliefs. So, I am going against the grain by saying, I am really glad I didn't get the black headliner! My exterior is Daytona Gray so the gray headliner works well....I can understand those with White or Garnet Red exterior wanting a black headliner.

Just curious, anybody with me on this?

Last edited by Janello; 09-07-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 890 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Janello
No!!!!!! I can't imagine going with the gray headliner with the black leather, but it's not my car. So as long as you like it that is all that really matters.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default With You 100%

Absolutely, I can't even imagine why somebody wants a headliner that shows every time anytime touches it. The same way I can't imagine ever wanting a black car again. I had one and never again. Even after cleaning it, it looked dirty in less than an hour. Ever wonder why half the used cars for sale are black? Because their owners got tired of trying to keep them looking clean!!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple to keep it clean: Keep your hands off the headliner.

Mine's gray. I'm fine with it. With the dark winter months in Seattle, I'm not falling all over myself to get a black headliner.

Neither color makes the car faster while getting better mpg, so I'm relatively uninvolved.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have Daytona Gray with black headliner, but with the aluminum trim which brightens up the cabin and gives it a more sporty feel (vs wood). Very happy with this combo.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
Absolutely, I can't even imagine why somebody wants a headliner that shows every time anytime touches it. The same way I can't imagine ever wanting a black car again. I had one and never again. Even after cleaning it, it looked dirty in less than an hour. Ever wonder why half the used cars for sale are black? Because their owners got tired of trying to keep them looking clean!!
Black is the best car color. Nothing looks as good. 9 out of the 12 cars I've owned have been black and I have zero regrets.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Black is the best car color. Nothing looks as good. 9 out of the 12 cars I've owned have been black and I have zero regrets.
I would say they same thing about red. 8/13 cars have been red. Very happy with them. I stuck with the "velvet beige" headliner that came with my car. More harmonious with the interior.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both, grey headliner/black leather in my Passat and black headliner/black leather in the Audi. My favorite is the black headliner. Makes the interior look a lot better in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 182 Likes on 162 Posts

Prior to taking delivery of my car I seen a lot of folks on here saying how great the black headliner looks. I was waiting for my car to come in and didn't know what I was going to get. I was disappointed when I seen my headliner was gray. After driving it for a while I thought about it more. I thought black headliner with black leather seating would be too dark, and confined. I went to the dealer the other day, sat in a all black interior and confirmed my beliefs. So, I am going against the grain by saying, I am really glad I didn't get the black headliner! My exterior is Daytona Gray so the gray headliner works well....I can understand those with White or Garnet Red exterior wanting a black headliner.

Absolutely, I am with you. For both my previous C6 and my current C7 I went for the SE spec rather than the S-Line spec (adds Xenons, Sports Seasts and Sports Suspension) simply because I did not want an all black interior (In the UK there was no option on the S-Line to have anything other than black). For the just announced facelift they are introducing a grey interior option so I that opens up the S-Line for the next car.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I would pay to have the black headliner removed. I prefer the open airy lighter interior but to each their own.

Quick Reply: Black headliner (and all the hype)