Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Best Exhaust for C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so much negative towards Stasis, I'm pretty turn off by everything I have been reading about them and this is not just on this forum but others too..
Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

was advise by AWE that the A7 exhaust doesnt work with the A6, and they need to do a redesign for the A6, due to the low demands, there isnt a plan at the moment to do this

are we stuck with Stasis??????
Old 01-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRAMAZING
was advise by AWE that the A7 exhaust doesnt work with the A6, and they need to do a redesign for the A6, due to the low demands, there isnt a plan at the moment to do this

are we stuck with Stasis??????
See, and I as well as numerous others, were told that its does work, though the sound isn't really where they want it to be. And I know there are guys running that exhaust on the A6.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Apparently it fits, and to some extent it works, but there must be some mean drone for them not to take advantage of the fitment and offer it up to A6 owners. Bottom line is you can buy it and slap it on there, but the sound may not be to your liking.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

ye they said the drone is really bad in the cabin
Old 01-06-2014, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

It would be nice if AWE or Milltek make an exhaust for C7/A6 with quad exhaust pipes or at least make it as an option to dual pipes (interchangeable). I actually emailed AWE about it but no plans for now.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Banned

What I don't get is, how can the A6 not have a market, when the niche A7 supposedly does? They're on drugs or something. The A6 sells in much bigger numbers than the A7, so if one or the other has a bigger market, its the A6. The A6 is the mass market car. The A7 is for the yuppies who care more about sporty looks and are willing to get a smaller back seat and pay $10k more for it. The same group that buys the Mercedes CLS and BMW 6 Gran Coupe. The form over function crew.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
What I don't get is, how can the A6 not have a market, when the niche A7 supposedly does? They're on drugs or something. The A6 sells in much bigger numbers than the A7, so if one or the other has a bigger market, its the A6. The A6 is the mass market car. The A7 is for the yuppies who care more about sporty looks and are willing to get a smaller back seat and pay $10k more for it. The same group that buys the Mercedes CLS and BMW 6 Gran Coupe. The form over function crew.
Without taking your comment personally, honestly I do not, because in fact you have a point, in my case I really think the A7 is way nicer than the A6, but other people believe the A6 is a more beautiful car than the A7.
To each their own.
BUT I believe you can have the same argument with your A6 and let's say a Japanese luxury car (which I personally hate) the Lexus/Infiniti/Acura owners could say the same about you being a yuppie because form over function the Japanese is cheaper and maybe more functional.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by feralc
Without taking your comment personally, honestly I do not, because in fact you have a point, in my case I really think the A7 is way nicer than the A6, but other people believe the A6 is a more beautiful car than the A7.
To each their own.
BUT I believe you can have the same argument with your A6 and let's say a Japanese luxury car (which I personally hate) the Lexus/Infiniti/Acura owners could say the same about you being a yuppie because form over function the Japanese is cheaper and maybe more functional.
I actually drove the Japanese contingent before I bought the Audi and was very underwhelmed by them. Dynamically, they can't hold a candle to the Germans.

I don't think the A6/A7 argument is the same. They're basically the same car besides the roofline. Thats why I can't see spending more on an A7. Thats like charging $10k extra for a wagon over a sedan, which nobody does.

Last edited by Mike_L; 01-06-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

the A7 is a beautiful car, honestly if they were the same price i would get the A7 over the A6, considering everything, an A7 with the same package that my A6 has was $15k more after taxes, a pill i just couldn't swallow..

I am more than happy with my A6 considering everything

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for C7