Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audio Quality of Blue Tooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use an iPhone4 with iOS5 and it works great. Asked a few people on the line how the audio quality was and everyone of them said it was crystal clear.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried both my Samsung Focus Windows Phone and also my Samsung Galaxy S II Droid phone and both are crystal clear. People on the other end have stated that it is much clearer than when I was using my Jawbone headset previously.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Handsfree/Bluetooth Phone Noise

I've read all the comments on the 'wind tunnel noise' comments and am wondering if anyone has found a solution. What I've found is that the background noise level increases with speed. So at highway speeds I'm almost inaudible but at lower, city driving speeds I'm fairly clear.

My guess is that the placement of the mic is near/at a point on the vehicle which is subject to outside air turbulence/noise.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My problems seem to be software related since it is intermittent. I'll look into speed. As I recall I does only seem to be on he freeway but not always?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NW Dave
I've tried both my Samsung Focus Windows Phone and also my Samsung Galaxy S II Droid phone and both are crystal clear. People on the other end have stated that it is much clearer than when I was using my Jawbone headset previously.
My phones are also crystal clear so for sure not the mic placement!
May need to go into the MMI and turn phone volume down?
I have LG 800G & LG 420G.
Also no issues with bluetooth streaming from my ipod touch 4
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi to all,

The problem with "tunnel" sound is solved.
There is a official TCB about this matter. The problem is that the rubber seals of both microphones are usually jammed when at the assembly. This revokes "tunnel" sound because the mikes are open to the roof.
I had in my hands this TSB, but the dealer would not let me have it. Well described in pictures it is a simple procedure to dismount the plastic holder and remove the mics. Than slowly and carefully remount them again taking care that the rubbers are not jammed.
The dealer followed the instructions and everything is perfect. Both Android and standard phone work perfectly, even kept in the pocket.
Kick your lazy dealers to fix this stupid problem.

Regards from Macedonia.

P.S. My A6 is one first produced cars. I guess that the problem is solved now
Old 11-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I went to the dealer yesterday to get the bluetooth microphone repaired, and when I picked it up they said there was nothing wrong with it! I told them there was a TBS on it, and they said they could not find it. Fortunately, I had made a recording on my voicemail at work of how bad the wind tunnel noise is, which I played for them, and they agreed sounded very bad. When they tested it, they had the car turned off, with just the power on, and made a call - so of course it sounded OK. Unfortunately, they are just going to look into it and call Audi for assistance in this matter and get back to me.....very frustrating.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just picked mine up last week, and the sound is fine, so likely they have fixed this issue for later production cars.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JML - TX
Unfortunately, they are just going to look into it and call Audi for assistance in this matter and get back to me.....very frustrating.
This is what did the main engineer at my delaers. He got an official response from Audi, and it was a TSB printed from pdf with all pictures. I will try to get you the number of the TSB or evenmore I will ask for the printout, if they would like to give me. My A6 was build among the first ( first month of production ) and am sure that later produced cars, have this issue fixed.
At the end ask them to remove the mic holder, which is very easy, and they will see themselves the twisted rubber seals. Push them, dealers are always lazy on this matters.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by audifiend
I just picked mine up last week, and the sound is fine, so likely they have fixed this issue for later production cars.
Agreed. I picked mine up last week and the bluetooth audio to my iPhone4 worked great. Bluetooth audio playback of music was great too.

Quick Reply: Audio Quality of Blue Tooth