Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi electric steering issue reports consolidated..

Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iBetterDoNow
Have you tried steering wheel reset? I felt that it improves in dynamic mode.
By reset do you mean turning it all the way to one side then the other? I saw some people doing that but have not tried it myself.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I wouldn't say I'm happy. Just far less unhappy that my wandering issue was reduced. Still not perfect, though.

Just tried it again in mine and there's clearly an immediately felt progression as I change the settings from Comfort to Auto to Dynamic while driving. Just curious, did the dealer attempt to reinstall the update? I'm wondering if it's possible something didn't update properly in your case. While the Dynamic steering effort may have be reduced from pre-update, there should still be a difference. Like home computers, every once in awhile a software update doesn't work properly and has to be reapplied. It's a long shot but worth seeing if they could try that - you never know
Thanks for the advice. I can certainly ask them to check that.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This happened to me as well. I had the 15k service a few weeks ago and they did a steering software update and Dynamic now feels exactly the same as Comfort. I have yet to bring it up to them, but I'm hoping this steering reset will work, whatever it is.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
By reset do you mean turning it all the way to one side then the other? I saw some people doing that but have not tried it myself.
I replied to you in another thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...5#post24554645

To me, this reset does not cost anything?

Give it a try to see whether it helps.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you. When I get the car back I will give this a shot and post my results.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

FWIW, I just tried this is and it seemed to help quite a bit.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I am really curious whether this affects cars differently. As I've mentioned before I always have my steering set to dynamic, and I am really happy with the steering since the update. It seems to have fixed the issues (although it hasn't been that cold since), and I don't feel like it has detrimentally impacted the stiffness of my steering. It is nowhere near comfort level of ease.

I know others seem to indicate that they have not experienced any change in feel after the update. Could it be a car by car thing?
No - there are people who are happier with the lighter steering. There are others who hate that they have lost the stiffer dynamic steering after the update.

Maybe the updated dynamic may be a little tighter than the updated comfort - BUT it is no where near as stiff / sporty as the original dynamic
Old 04-11-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
No - there are people who are happier with the lighter steering. There are others who hate that they have lost the stiffer dynamic steering after the update.

Maybe the updated dynamic may be a little tighter than the updated comfort - BUT it is no where near as stiff / sporty as the original dynamic
That may be your experience. I can categorically say that my dynamic is just as stiff as the previous dynamic... Only difference is maybe it is a little looser at very slow speeds > 10 mph
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glacier6
FWIW, I just tried this is and it seemed to help quite a bit.
Did nothing for me. I'm resigned to the fact my steering is what it is. I will continue to voice my displeasure to AoA but I don't see that going anywhere.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
Did nothing for me. I'm resigned to the fact my steering is what it is. I will continue to voice my displeasure to AoA but I don't see that going anywhere.
It's definitely not back to the stiffness before the update. Who knows, maybe I'm just telling myself I feel a difference so it doesn't irritate me as much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi electric steering issue reports consolidated..