Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect Survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of those proposed features sound interesting (the Valet Alert, in particular). In the end, I think spoon2000 nailed it - everybody already has a smart phone and most aren't keen on paying another large monthly charge for similar functionality. Frankly, Audi would have hit a home run if they'd allowed any smart phone to tether to the system remotely (most new models have this functionality). Unfortunately, it seems that Audi, which is in the business of selling razors, is now trying to sell razorblades as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread. I tried tethering from my iphone to my Audi and ofcourse it does not pick up on my phone's wireless connection. Audi A6 only allows outgoing and not incoming. Do the new 2013 A6 allow incoming wireless signals and tether to it?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hasn't anybody else on here received the survey?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, I just received a $20 Amazon gift card for having completed the survey
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I picked up my 2103 A6 yesterday and the finance guy and salesman both told me about the $15 a month T-Mobile deal and the 7-day limit. The salesman did a good job of demonstrating the functions with the MMI with Audi connect (Google street maps, etc.). I would say the salesman sat in the car with me about 25 minutes gong over everything.
When I got home there was an email from Audi re: the T-Mobile plan and clearly stating the 7-day limit for the $15 a month and the higher price per month after that, but no mention of any other annual plans.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I picked up my 2103 A6 yesterday and the finance guy and salesman both told me about the $15 a month T-Mobile deal and the 7-day limit. The salesman did a good job of demonstrating the functions with the MMI with Audi connect (Google street maps, etc.). I would say the salesman sat in the car with me about 25 minutes gong over everything.
When I got home there was an email from Audi re: the T-Mobile plan and clearly stating the 7-day limit for the $15 a month and the higher price per month after that, but no mention of any other annual plans.
I still say it's a low-brow, unbecoming tactic to force people to sign-up within 7 days. It just screams "So you don't forget, order before midnight tonight!!!" in the worst kind of infomercial way.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am really bummed how the Audi Connect does not have a Remote Start / Unlock feature using a phone. Also how hard would it be for them to give you the choice of choosing a carrier for your Audi connect? I presume all of us with family plans could add another "line" for lower than 15$/month ... :|

I don't think i am going to shell out another 50k+ on an Audi until they don't at least give you these choices.

P.S. I stopped doing their surveys after they were harassing me with at least 2 surveys a week.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Roger, kudos for taking the initiative, keep us posted with any feedback.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

can I get those email addresses of the Audi guys? I'd like to add my dissatisfaction as well. I was never offered the 7 day deal at all. no mention when I bought the car.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gator Neil
can I get those email addresses of the Audi guys? I'd like to add my dissatisfaction as well. I was never offered the 7 day deal at all. no mention when I bought the car.
Scott Keogh, President Audi of America scott.keogh@audi.com
Peter Donnellan, Director After Sales Audi of America peter.donnellan@audi.com

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Survey