Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect?

I'll have my 2015 A6 for 6 months soon and have just received notice that my Audi Connect service will be expiring soon.

I have not used this service up to this point, but we will be driving accross the country soon.

Do any of you use this?
If so, how? I have no interest in using my laptop in the car.

If I don't renew, what, if anything, would I loose from the navigation system?

Anyone know of any deals for Audi Connect?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 'Ski
I'll have my 2015 A6 for 6 months soon and have just received notice that my Audi Connect service will be expiring soon.

I have not used this service up to this point, but we will be driving accross the country soon.

Do any of you use this?
If so, how? I have no interest in using my laptop in the car.

If I don't renew, what, if anything, would I loose from the navigation system?

Anyone know of any deals for Audi Connect?
You will lose the Goggle map overlay and the ability to enter destinations on your home computer and call them up as online destinations in your MMI which I have found to be handy. And it's not necessarily a good deal but for $15/mo. you can prepay T-Mobile $450 for 30 months which is what I did.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Rjim
You will lose the Goggle map overlay and the ability to enter destinations on your home computer and call them up as online destinations in your MMI which I have found to be handy. And it's not necessarily a good deal but for $15/mo. you can prepay T-Mobile $450 for 30 months which is what I did.
I did the same thing
Old 02-16-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

Plenty to learn on the AoA website.

Audi connect® Help & Support | Audi USA

And the user guide.

http://www.audi.com/etc/medialib/ngw....0061.File.pdf

I use it mostly for the photo-realistic Google Earth overlays and Street View as well as the ability to send destinations to the car from Google Maps on the PC or the MMI app or do Google Local searches directly from the car.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mmi-...570608111?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.mmiapp&hl=en
Old 02-16-2015, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Don't forget perhaps one of the most useful features of Audi Connect - Google online searches. The static built in POIs are often outdated and limited in scope. The Google POI searches are dynamic and more to date as a result. Also, they are significantly more complete than what's loaded in the car's internal data. Audi Connect Google POIs are essentially the same data as found on Google Map in the web.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Don't forget perhaps one of the most useful features of Audi Connect - Google online searches. The static built in POIs are often outdated and limited in scope. The Google POI searches are dynamic and more to date as a result. Also, they are significantly more complete than what's loaded in the car's internal data. Audi Connect Google POIs are essentially the same data as found on Google Map in the web.
Are you talking about Google POI searches using a tablet or other device through mobile WiFi or through the MMI?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Are you talking about Google POI searches using a tablet or other device through mobile WiFi or through the MMI?
Google Destination search for the nav right in the MMI, dynamically updated in Audi Connect on demand. No other device needed. It's basically having a Google map POI search from the internet built right in the MMI.

The Send to Car from the internet on a computer or mobile device is a separate Audi Connect feature when you want to predetermine a destination before you get in the car and call it up in the MMI for navigation.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Google Destination search for the nav right in the MMI, dynamically updated in Audi Connect on demand. No other device needed. It's basically having a Google map POI search from the internet built right in the MMI.

The Send to Car from the internet on a computer or mobile device is a separate Audi Connect feature when you want to predetermine a destination before you get in the car and call it up in the MMI for navigation.
The "Send to Car" I understand. The POI in vicinity of destination (or in immediate vicinity) search results in a menu list of eleven items beginning with : Find Entry and ending with Sport & Leisure. Are you saying that clicking on one of these eleven items results in more complete and/or more up to date list as a result of Audi Connect?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

The "Send to Car" I understand. The POI in vicinity of destination (or in immediate vicinity) search results in a menu list of eleven items beginning with : Find Entry and ending with Sport & Leisure. Are you saying that clicking on one of these eleven items results in more complete and/or more up to date list as a result of Audi Connect?
No he is talking about searching Google. The POIs you are talking about are stored on the MMI disk and will get out of date. For example you can use voice commands and say "Google search pharmacy" and it will do an online search for all pharmacies in your vicinity, or you can say "Google search pharmacy in San Francisco" and it will do an online search for all pharmacies in San Francisco, or you can search for a specific business "Google search Starbucks" and it will find all the Starbucks in your vicinity, or you can navigate to the menu below and do it all w/o voice commands.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-18-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
No he is talking about searching Google. The POIs you are talking about are stored on the MMI disk and will get out of date. For example you can use voice commands and say "Google search pharmacy" and it will do an online search for all pharmacies in your vicinity, or you can say "Google search pharmacy in San Francisco" and it will do an online search for all pharmacies in San Francisco, or you can search for a specific business "Google search Starbucks" and it will find all the Starbucks in your vicinity, or you can navigate to the menu below and do it all w/o voice commands.

Okay, I finally get it. The Google search capability begins at "Online Destinations." Thanks.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect?