Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi and Apple "Car Play" new press release

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't Audi say at one point that the new MIB could be updated? Would love to have car play
Old 06-27-2014, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

There has been nothing published by Audi that they will offer upgrades to these new systems. (That's usually not something they do). That said, I suppose if money is no object, anything might be possible. Get that savings account beefed up.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
And why is it that some people feel they have to characterize Apple owners in some derisive manner?
There was nothing derisive about my comment. I was simply pointing out the mis-information

Believe me, if I wanted to be derisive, I would not have used the term I-stuff

Besides, I don't hate Apple owners - I enjoy seeing them spend their money and send Apple stock higher
Old 06-28-2014, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Maverick61
There was nothing derisive about my comment. I was simply pointing out the mis-information
Sorry, but in the context, "why can't you you i-addicted devotees just be happy..", comes across as derisive.

Besides, the poster was not stating a statistical fact, only a personal opinion of those Audi owners he's observed:

To quote:
"I'd say 9 of 10 Audi owners I know use iPhones.."

How can you be sure this is not his own experience? I.e., in my household, 100% of Audi owners I know use iPhones.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sorry, but in the context, "why can't you you i-addicted devotees just be happy..", comes across as derisive.

Besides, the poster was not stating a statistical fact, only a personal opinion of those Audi owners he's observed:

To quote:
"I'd say 9 of 10 Audi owners I know use iPhones.."

How can you be sure this is not his own experience? I.e., in my household, 100% of Audi owners I know use iPhones.
Well we will agree to disagree. i-addicted devotees is the same as Apple devotees, nothing derisive about it. In this thread, we have had others use terms such as :

head of an iFamily

not trying to be an I-hole

so it fits right in.

As to the 9 out of 10 statement, it may have been his opinion but factually it was proven incorrect in the larger universe of Audi owners. And you know he was not using in in the context of talking about his own family. He was using it to make a point that he thinks the majority of people who buy an Audi use i-phones - which again is factually incorrect

For the record, I would not have posted on this thread other than to correct this piece of mis-information.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maverick61, the more you post the deeper the hole you are digging yourself into here. I hope you would first have the courtesy of reading and understanding both thread titles and users comments before coming in swinging with your ill-intended remarks.

I respect your opinion but you should also respect others instead of simply attacking without merits. The only thing you are debunking with your comments, is yourself as a serious contributor.

This is an Audi forum and this thread is about iOS coming to the brand in the near future. Which is no doubt a welcome and positive development in the eyes of many, including myself.

I guess that the majority of forum members here want Audi to grow and become an even better car company. Your attitude and personal agenda issues have no place in this thread.

And, by the way, I want to add that 8 out of 8 Audi owners I know, are also iPhone and Mac users. And this is a fact, not a guess. If this bothers you, just deal with it and move along.

Peace.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Billmac

Your post above was far more derisive and attacking than anything I wrote.

If you would have read my comments, you would have seen that no where did I say that IOS coming to Audi was bad. Nor did I make any negative comments about IOS. Its nice Audi came up with a solution for those I-phone users and as I noted, Apple devotees should be happy about that

I simply corrected the mis-statement and implication that 9 out of 10 Audi owners use I-phones. That is incorrect.

Do I really care that 8 people you know who own Audi's use i-phones - no, it is not relevant in the big picture. But when you say it the way you do, 8 out of 8, you are trying to imply something greater that is simply not true.

As to an agenda, the only agenda I have is making sure information is factual in the larger scheme of things.

Last edited by Maverick61; 06-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maverick61, have a nice day.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This thread has devolved into silliness. Further posts should return to the original topic.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

New direction.

I wonder how many auto makers will end up embracing Android and iOS. It seems like a smart thing to do since it makes just about everybody happy.

I am not about to switch to Android since I am one of those iFamilies that is supporting the price of Apple's stock but I wasn't too sure what I would do when the new Q7 comes out. I hope it comes out with both systems so we don't have to have any more iOS-Android p---ing contests.

I do wonder if either Google or Apple will succeed in making their car systems be truly not distracting. Both systems are very visual and use touch screens which could be quite distracting. They know this and are supposedly moving toward spoken language interfaces. Good luck with that! Every now and then I can get the Audi to follow a spoken command and almost never does my Acura system respond. Maybe simpler is better.

Quick Reply: Audi and Apple "Car Play" new press release