Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi’s New Fleet of Robots Will Supervise Its Local Mechanics

Old 06-20-2014, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes "dude" whats wrong with that?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
Dude, if they want to show something on the car, why not do it with an ipad or something similar? its 100x cheaper and you can put away. I would like to see that robot lean over the engine compartment and look at something in the engine bay.
On top of this, they want those things zooming around shop floors? this think will flip over on the fist pebble. I want to see them run in winter with salt all over the place. Its a liability waiting to happen.

Until they have anti gravity bots flying around I can't see this sort of thing taking off.
Really ??? So you priced these devices?

I think you are stuck in the 60's "dude"
Old 06-21-2014, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
Dude, if they want to show something on the car, why not do it with an ipad or something similar? its 100x cheaper and you can put away. I would like to see that robot lean over the engine compartment and look at something in the engine bay.
On top of this, they want those things zooming around shop floors? this think will flip over on the fist pebble. I want to see them run in winter with salt all over the place. Its a liability waiting to happen.

Until they have anti gravity bots flying around I can't see this sort of thing taking off.
I see as a positive. Audi has master mechanics with the latest resources in a central location. They know the latest and greatest and can pass on the knowledge base to the tech out in the field when needed. They can also notify the production side about mechanical abnormalities.

I doubt that the robot is going to be zooming anywhere. It's brought over to the vehicle in question. Add a wireless hand held camera with LED lighting to show areas not accessible to the floor unit.