Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyone wish they got the A7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A6. While the A7 is pretty, the A6 has more of a classic German aggressive chiseled sharp corners look to it. The volkswagen CC and the A7 have too much of a swoopy soft look. Still a good looking Audi though.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A7 has unique style but I was not a big fan of its rear design & found A6 lines well balanced & classy look. If I were to buy again I'd get S6 next time.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope i dont!!! Besides 7 grand is too much money to JUSTIFY for a car that's virtually the same as S6
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To me the A6 (with LED and Prestige) is a much classier look than the front of the squared off A7 front- the rear end of the A6 is a bit bland but the A7's "Whale Tail" rear is just ugly. (plus the car looks huge)
Old 10-11-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pogodog
To me the A6 (with LED and Prestige) is a much classier look than the front of the squared off A7 front- the rear end of the A6 is a bit bland but the A7's "Whale Tail" rear is just ugly. (plus the car looks huge)
The A7/S7 car does look huge. I agree with this fully. Saw one parked in the back of the grocery lot today, it is a bit too long from my perspective.

In my opinion, the A7/S7 rear end isn't ugly in the traditional sense. The whole four door coupe thing is just not traditional, and all of them look strange from the rear. The CLS is just as weird looking... and the Panamera is weird too. When compared with these cars, the A7/S7 rear looks downright attractive.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with the comments here. I initially thought I was going to buy an A7 because of the 'utility' aspect and the fact I have 2 large Bernese mountain dogs, but the A6/S6 has a lot more headroom for them to ride comfortably in the back while the sloped roofline of the A7 is fairly low and cramped. I drove the A7 and it felt too confined to me while the A6 felt right. Now, I plan on ordering an S6 with all the bells and whistles ! Just really trying to decide on the color! It will be my first Audi and coming from an X5 and Porsche, I am excited ! Good luck with your choice, both seem to be great cars!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ever since I saw the A7 I thought it was serious-*** ugly. I still think it's serious-*** ugly. So, it was never even a consideration for me. Add into the fact that it's more expensive for what's exactly the same underpinnings? Pass the crack-pipe.

Not to demean anybody that bought an A7, styling is truly one of those things that's in the eye of the beholder... But man. That A7 is just not for me.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
Ever since I saw the A7 I thought it was serious-*** ugly. I still think it's serious-*** ugly. So, it was never even a consideration for me. Add into the fact that it's more expensive for what's exactly the same underpinnings? Pass the crack-pipe.

Not to demean anybody that bought an A7, styling is truly one of those things that's in the eye of the beholder... But man. That A7 is just not for me.
--- the Audi sales team is happy to pass that crack pipe. ;-)
Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted to like the A7 when I was test driving various models. But we drove it on 2 different occasions and had the same impression both times - too much road noise. That was the killer for me. I love my A6 and have no regrets!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Comparing A6 and A7, A7 is the best front looking and A6 is the best in the rear. it would have been really great if A6 had the A7's front design.

Still.. Love my A6 ! (Would get a different color next time )

Quick Reply: Anyone wish they got the A7?