Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any vag-com settings for these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Yes it is rather clever - once the car realizes it's being driven without the key, navigation automation takes over and forces the car to drive right back home to daddy where it left without the key. Works great if god-forbid you get carjacked..just keep the key and give up the car.
This must have changed with the 2014s at least. The demo I saw in Germany actually ejected the driver once the car was out of range of the key. Though now that I think about it, they mentioned that particular seat module wasn't allowed for export - but a few large denomination Euro notes to the guys in back got it installed anyway
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the option I want:

Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
How far did you go from the vehicle. Despite a personal situation where it did not happen (my wife drove off and I had the key in my pocket!) my understanding is that the car should detect that the key is missing and turn off. If you have the smart key then I sure it is even more clever.
The car does not shut off regardless of distance
Old 06-14-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
For #2, do the following:
An option will appear in MMI (in the ACC section) that will allow you to define the default following distance.

I've wondered about your last question as well. Have you tried turning ACC off in MMI and then setting your speed like normal cruise control?
I cannot find any ACC menus in the MMI.
I tried the VCDS and cannot find the number 7 option in the menus either.

Is a 2014 Prestige or the latest VCDS different to what is referred to in the programming?
Old 06-14-2014, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Stupid question - do you have Adaptive Cruise Control? On my car it's part of the "Driver Assistance Package"... I think in MMI it was under "Car".

I tried the VCDS and cannot find the number 7 option in the menus either.
The menu option is Adaptation, the Channel is 7 - but this may be some text now as VCDS is getting smarter about adaptation channels it seems.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Stupid question - do you have Adaptive Cruise Control? On my car it's part of the "Driver Assistance Package"... I think in MMI it was under "Car".

The menu option is Adaptation, the Channel is 7 - but this may be some text now as VCDS is getting smarter about adaptation channels it seems.
Yes I have ACC and driver assist package.

I checked all text options. The only one I found that I wanted was related to ACC moving from short stop without driver intervention but it required security access and I don't know what that would be.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

If you are equipped with ACC, the only ACC MMI menu options are in Car>Individual with Comfort/Auto/Dynamic settings. These control the rate/aggressiveness of speed changes to a followed vehicle.

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-14-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you are equipped with ACC, the only ACC MMI menu options are in Car>Individual with Comfort/Auto/Dynamic settings. These control the rate/aggressiveness of speed changes to a followed vehicle.
Thank you, I use that one in comfort. It has a good response whereas most cars are too aggressive. The only problem is its slowness to go from a stop.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you, I use that one in comfort. It has a good response whereas most cars are too aggressive. The only problem is its slowness to go from a stop.
If stopped from ACC, I just tap the accelerator and off she goes. I also override the ACC with the pedal in traffic to temporarily close a gap as needed to keep cars from trying to squeeze in and cut me off.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If stopped from ACC, I just tap the accelerator and off she goes. I also override the ACC with the pedal in traffic to temporarily close a gap as needed to keep cars from trying to squeeze in and cut me off.
I do the same, it needs to be more aggressive on take off.
I did notice a VCDS to take off without driver intervention. I would like to try it but the option requires the access code to change. Anybody have any idea what code to use?

Quick Reply: Any vag-com settings for these?