Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any vag-com settings for these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve95628
3) Ability to allow doors to be locked with engine running after you've left car with key (I do this when picking up my daughter from daycare - it was 107 yesterday and the car had finally cooled the interior!)
This has been discussed before. In most of Europe it is illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running so it is not possible to do this. If you have the 4 zone AC (digital temp display on the control rather than *****) there is a button sequence (a search on here should give you the info as I cannot recall it) where you can switch the AC back on after the car is turned off so it continues to cool the car for a period of time with the engine off
Old 06-11-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
This has been discussed before. In most of Europe it is illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running so it is not possible to do this. If you have the 4 zone AC (digital temp display on the control rather than *****) there is a button sequence (a search on here should give you the info as I cannot recall it) where you can switch the AC back on after the car is turned off so it continues to cool the car for a period of time with the engine off
Auto shut off fan; if you press the the fan button for a a few seconds after you turn the car off, the fan will continue to run to keep the warm or cool air circulating for a few minutes before shutting off. (Press fan button until temp readout appears then after 5 seconds or so the fans will operate); uses residual air in the system to blow cool or warm air. (Note that the heater or a/c does not turn back on, just the fans circulating the air already in the car).
Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been discussed before. In most of Europe it is illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running so it is not possible to do this.
That statement is mostly true but it's a bit broad. In some jurisdictions, the law simply says that it's illegal to leave a vehicle running while unattended. In other places it's illegal to leave a vehicle without securing it properly. This latter regulation allows a driver to, for example, leave a vehicle running with the doors locked as an impediment to a thief driving it away. YMMV.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
You can adjust the aggressive braking by selecting "Comfort".
Correct. I'm fully aware of this. My comments still stand.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
That statement is mostly true but it's a bit broad. In some jurisdictions, the law simply says that it's illegal to leave a vehicle running while unattended. In other places it's illegal to leave a vehicle without securing it properly. This latter regulation allows a driver to, for example, leave a vehicle running with the doors locked as an impediment to a thief driving it away. YMMV.
I think Audi is totally paranoid over the unintended acceleration issue in the US from a few years back that they would be very unlikely to allow any car to be left with the engine running and no one in charge. They used to offer a remote start option for cars in very cold climates (eg Nordics) to allow pre-heating using the engine but that does not seem to be the case with the C7
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lnferno
Correct. I'm fully aware of this. My comments still stand.
I understand your POV, the software is very basic in fact it may be written in it! If your autonomous car had this crude software then there would be even more carnage than there is now.
The big advantage of ACC/AC however, is that it reduces the number of idiots slowing down at the sight of the sun, a hill, a freeway intersection etc..
Old 06-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Audi is totally paranoid over the unintended acceleration issue in the US from a few years back that they would be very unlikely to allow any car to be left with the engine running and no one in charge. They used to offer a remote start option for cars in very cold climates (eg Nordics) to allow pre-heating using the engine but that does not seem to be the case with the C7
Interesting. But if the car is running with no key present can it even be shifted out of park? Seems like an easy way to prevent any kind of unintended operation.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Just tested something that works and may be a solution. Close the door, pop the key from the fob and lock the door from the outside manually. Keeps car running and locked. Not as easy as using the remote like in my other car but seems to work.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
Just tested something that works and may be a solution. Close the door, pop the key from the fob and lock the door from the outside manually. Keeps car running and locked. Not as easy as using the remote like in my other car but seems to work.
How far did you go from the vehicle. Despite a personal situation where it did not happen (my wife drove off and I had the key in my pocket!) my understanding is that the car should detect that the key is missing and turn off. If you have the smart key then I sure it is even more clever.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the smart key then I sure it is even more clever.
Yes it is rather clever - once the car realizes it's being driven without the key, navigation automation takes over and forces the car to drive right back home to daddy where it left without the key. Works great if god-forbid you get carjacked..just keep the key and give up the car.

Quick Reply: Any vag-com settings for these?