Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Used A6 purchase, many questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used A6 purchase, many questions

I found a good deal on a 2013 A6 and have been pretty happy with the car so far. I'm working through learning the car still and have a few questions for you all if you can help.

1 - What is the latest MMI version? Mine says HN+R_US_AU_P0609
2 - What is the latest Nav versoin? Mine says 8R0060884BA NAR 5.7.3
3 - How can I tell what service this SIM card has? It shows 2G on the display and the live traffic stuff still works. I tried getting into the myaudiconnect.com but it says the SIM number is already registered. I can't seem to find a way to determine what this SIM is setup for and when it will die. The car was a lease turn in so I really have no clue but hey its working still
4 - Are there any good updates available with a new SIM, if so where do I get an updated SIM? I would like to be able to use wifi hot spot for non cellular devices perhaps.
5 - This car doesn't have factory driving lights. I've seen "factory" retrofits on ebay and other sites. I like the idea of having some bright LED PIAA or similar lights. Has anyone got any recommendations on sizes of lights that work best? I've toyed with a LED light bar behind the grill, not sure if there's enough room. Also considering a grill swap as NC doesn't require a front plate, not sure if that's a pain or not.
6 - USB retrofit. I'd love to set up some USB ports for charging devices. Do any Audi models have them stock? I'd like to find something that looks stock instead of hacking or cutting holes into the interior.

I've done some searching but seems like these things are all over the map so thought I'd just ask Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!