Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Air conditioning- coolant warning light

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning- coolant warning light

The last few days it's been quite hot here in CT. I've been running the A/C continuously but mostly on LOW....I don't usually do that but the air hasn't been as cold as it has in the past. This same issue happened last summer, off and on. Figuring that even the car is too hot in this heat wave, didn't think much of it both past and present.

That changed on my way home this evening; A/C was blowing warm (at best and at low setting) about a minute later, my coolant warning light came on.....

Have any of you experienced an air conditioning issue?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for a dealer visit. Coolant issue may be something else entirely. Sounds more like a relay or A/C leak.

Here in Florida, we use the A/C full torque every day and never a problem.. A new car A/C should be spitting ice cubes even at high setting. Even my 7 year old Carrera still spits cubes which I leave set at 69.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wjeder
The last few days it's been quite hot here in CT. I've been running the A/C continuously but mostly on LOW....I don't usually do that but the air hasn't been as cold as it has in the past. This same issue happened last summer, off and on. Figuring that even the car is too hot in this heat wave, didn't think much of it both past and present.

That changed on my way home this evening; A/C was blowing warm (at best and at low setting) about a minute later, my coolant warning light came on.....

Have any of you experienced an air conditioning issue?
Warm air out of the AC system could be a number of things. On a new(ish) car, a sealed system, like an Air conditioner, shouldn't leak enough gas to lose its ability to blow cool air.

I had a similar experience on my '05 A6, and it turned out that the AC condenser (located somewhere below the radiator) was pierced, more than likely by a small rock that kicked up hard enough to pierce it. Since this isn't covered under warranty, it was a $1500 repair for me.