Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Air suspension maximum height

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension maximum height

I've read with interest the articles about the upcoming S6 and S7.

While I like the looks of a low riding car, living in Maine, I sometimes need a higher riding car, thus adjustable air suspension is of great interest.

1. Is the air suspension driver adjustable, or just adjustable as the car sees fit?

2. If driver adjustable, (and this is the important question) is the maximum height adjustment HIGHER than the (non adjustable) height of an A6 or A7 without adjustable suspension?

HBH
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Helmar
I've read with interest the articles about the upcoming S6 and S7.

While I like the looks of a low riding car, living in Maine, I sometimes need a higher riding car, thus adjustable air suspension is of great interest.

1. Is the air suspension driver adjustable, or just adjustable as the car sees fit?

2. If driver adjustable, (and this is the important question) is the maximum height adjustment HIGHER than the (non adjustable) height of an A6 or A7 without adjustable suspension?

HBH
Does anyone know that this feature will be available in the US?

To my knowledge, Air Suspension and Active Lane Assist have not been offered in the U.S. on the C7 despite widespread availability in Europe.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasH
Does anyone know that this feature will be available in the US?

To my knowledge, Air Suspension and Active Lane Assist have not been offered in the U.S. on the C7 despite widespread availability in Europe.
Active lane assist is part of the innovation package for 2013. I don't know why Audi delays these features in the US (same as stop/start, but I'm not sure I'm happy about that one...).
Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikem33
Active lane assist is part of the innovation package for 2013. I don't know why Audi delays these features in the US (same as stop/start, but I'm not sure I'm happy about that one...).
I was disappointed when Active Lane Assist wasn't available to order on my 2012, but am not sure I even would have bought the full Innovation Package to get it. I'm mixed on the HUD, and don't think I would have use for the infrared with my driving patterns. That said, I do turn on the ACC in very heavy, creeping traffic situations if the commute gets long. It's perfect for that.

I think the Lane Assist could be difficult for some drivers to get used to. It's not even clear to me that many roads in the US are well-kept enough to properly and consistently identify lanes to the car. Construction, poor and faded lane markings, etc are pretty common.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some better real-world video examples posted of the technology after some folks take delivery of the 2013's with the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBU8A7tM5Mc