Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 + TTS vs S6

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 + TTS vs S6

I've been really having a hard time deciding on this, so hoping I can get some feedback to help make a decision. I'm tossing around the idea of getting 2 cars instead of 1. My wife has a ML 350 (big car) and we have 2 infants at home. We typically use my car to drive them around so I need to fit 3 in the back comfortably (my wife sits with them). Although we can take her car for longer trips - my situation rules out the ability to get something smaller/more-agile.

I got rid of my A7 recently because it only had 2 seats (2012 model). I replaced it with a Porsche Macan S, but we don't really need another SUV and I miss having smaller cars (had a 1-series and GTI years ago that I miss).

I can't decide if I should get a car for the winter + family rides (A6) and a car for the summer & weekends (TTS). OR if I can just invest that into 1 nice car (S6). I went into the Porsche Macan S thinking that I can get one car to fit all my needs, but driving an CUV is definitely not the same as driving a roadster.

Anyone out there that made a similar decision of getting an extra "fun" car for the weekends/summer? I do have a garage spot for the 3rd car and cost of A6 + (used) TTS would be the same as the S6.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
I've been really having a hard time deciding on this, so hoping I can get some feedback to help make a decision. I'm tossing around the idea of getting 2 cars instead of 1. My wife has a ML 350 (big car) and we have 2 infants at home. We typically use my car to drive them around so I need to fit 3 in the back comfortably (my wife sits with them). Although we can take her car for longer trips - my situation rules out the ability to get something smaller/more-agile.

I got rid of my A7 recently because it only had 2 seats (2012 model). I replaced it with a Porsche Macan S, but we don't really need another SUV and I miss having smaller cars (had a 1-series and GTI years ago that I miss).

I can't decide if I should get a car for the winter + family rides (A6) and a car for the summer & weekends (TTS). OR if I can just invest that into 1 nice car (S6). I went into the Porsche Macan S thinking that I can get one car to fit all my needs, but driving an CUV is definitely not the same as driving a roadster.

Anyone out there that made a similar decision of getting an extra "fun" car for the weekends/summer? I do have a garage spot for the 3rd car and cost of A6 + (used) TTS would be the same as the S6.

Pre Audi I chose to have a commuter car and a fun car for the weekends and sunny drives to work. I found it to be too much to care for with oil changes, tires, insurance etc. it seemed like i spent more time putting gas and caring for the cars than I did driving. Think about the washing and upkeep you need to do while raising 2 kids-its not worth it.I would vote for one car that meets most of your needs and stick with it.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amelen

I'm single and I consolidated from 2 cars, SUV and Acura TL-S, into the A6 and am much happier. If it were me I would get the S6. It allows you to spend all of your time in a "fun car" that is also family friendly. Personally I am already looking at the S6 for 2016. Good luck!