Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 owners best vs. worst expectations

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A6 owners best vs. worst expectations

As some of you may have seen in another post I am close to ordering a 2014 A6 Prestige with Driver's assistance. I have been reading through various forums and reviews, but figured I would ask current C7 owners these questions.

Since getting your A6 what have you liked the most or been impressed with over your initial expectations since getting the car?

And conversely what have you disliked the most or been dissapointed by over your expectations?

And finally if you had to buy again would you buy the A6 again and if so what would you change about your purchase/options (what feature has been a waste or what do you regret not getting)?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The car looks and feels like a technology marvel. There was an Audi ad in US where the girl thinks his dad is an alien as he drives a spaceship. If you spec S Line sport package, LED exterior and interior headlight, black interior headliner, and brushed aluminium trim, it does feel like a spaceship especially at night (and that is what I have).

The only regret is my 2012 doesn't come with Active Lane Assist. Coming from MB the lack of memory passenger seat is a minor gripe. Cargo net is not as big or useful as my old C5.

Steering is artificial and lacks the feel of my old C5, but otherwise the car meets my expectation. If I order again I'll add Active Lane Assist and top camera, and likely order a diesel for its torque and mileage.

Too bad Audi does not bring the 3.0 bi-turbo TDI to North America. At 313hp and 479lb-ft (more than Ferrari 599 GTO), 5.3s 0-60, it is a beast.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they would have had the Top Down camera view as an individual option I would have ordered that. I know it is has since been moved down as part of the driver assistance package, which I would have considered buying. I was not willing to spend $5k+ on the innovation package...
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi there, I'm relatively new here, just had my A6 delivered 2 weeks ago.

We have a 3.0T quattro without S-line on 19" wheels. The car is black (not sure which one) with the brown interior. Sold the '12 A5 and '08 A4 to make way for the new A6. Was actually planning to get an F10 535i M Sport, but I got a fantastic deal on the A6 my family just couldn't resist!

This A6 is our fourth Audi in the family, after a '05 A6, '08 A4 and the '12 A5. What I actually liked most is that the car is actually fun to drive! The '05 A6 felt a bit clumsy, the A4 and the A5 had a lifeless steering which killed the driving pleasure, and was surprised by the '13 A6's steering feel and the handling, yet still gives a comfortable ride even on Jakarta's horrible roads.

I'm also loving the interior, which is miles better than any car we've ever owned, even better than our old CLS63. The brown leather looks very good, and the interior quality is definitely best in class. The F10 doesn't hold a candle against the A6 in the interior department, and I'm actually a BMW fan!

So far I haven't had any disappointments with the car, except the fact that the standard P Zero's developed a tyre bulge after hitting a small pothole (was driver error, but will be contacting Audi of Indonesia pretty soon). Was also disappointed that the electronically-controlled trunk was absent, considering that the A6 is a six-figure car here in Indonesia.

If we were to buy another A6, I would definitely order my own car instead of getting one straight from the dealer lot! Glacier white S-line on beige with the Beaufort oak interior on 20" wheels would be my pick, and I'd add the LED headlights and B&O which are absent in my A6.

Then again, I got a very good deal so I can't complain
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been discussed on a few other threads, but I always like racking up my post count:

What I like more than I thought I would. Coming straight out of a C5 A6 there is a lot I like that others complain about. I like the cup holders, didn't have good ones before. Sunglass holder, color screen nav, factory installed blue tooth with audio streaming. window shades, wifi. All things I had or was going to install in my C5 had I decided to keep it and modify it.

The biggest thing that puts a smile on my face......the 3.0 supercharged engine. I had a 2.7 bi turbo kicking out 285hp. Quick, but the turbo lag killed me sometimes. I have 310 (before mods) and it was fast all the time. Add some toys and the power is even better. That is my better than expected part.

What I don't like. The brakes are crap. Well the front ones at least. They make so much noise. Luckily I fixed that problem with replacement pads, but I was real bummed about that at first.

What would I do different? Might put more thought into an S vs the A. Otherwise nothing. I would have bought Audi, I would have bought the 6. I love my interior so much though that it would be hard for me to say I would do anything different.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
This has been discussed on a few other threads, but I always like racking up my post count:

What I like more than I thought I would. Coming straight out of a C5 A6 there is a lot I like that others complain about. I like the cup holders, didn't have good ones before. Sunglass holder, color screen nav, factory installed blue tooth with audio streaming. window shades, wifi. All things I had or was going to install in my C5 had I decided to keep it and modify it.

The biggest thing that puts a smile on my face......the 3.0 supercharged engine. I had a 2.7 bi turbo kicking out 285hp. Quick, but the turbo lag killed me sometimes. I have 310 (before mods) and it was fast all the time. Add some toys and the power is even better. That is my better than expected part.

What I don't like. The brakes are crap. Well the front ones at least. They make so much noise. Luckily I fixed that problem with replacement pads, but I was real bummed about that at first.

What would I do different? Might put more thought into an S vs the A. Otherwise nothing. I would have bought Audi, I would have bought the 6. I love my interior so much though that it would be hard for me to say I would do anything different.
+1 on the brakes.....and Premium Plus seats
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dislikes :cup and sunglasses holder.
Love, love the 3.0 power. I actually like the seats but many hate them.
LED lights and adaptive cruise I would get again. I hate driving a car without adaptive cruise now. HUD and Night vision are nice but not a "can't live without"

Color..no way I'd go for this combo ever again..especially the velvet beige. The rugs get dirty really fast and overall difficult to keep clean with kids. They really should have used a brown carpet like they do in the A7.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

So if the brakes are crap what pads is everyone upgrading to?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
Dislikes :cup and sunglasses holder.
Love, love the 3.0 power. I actually like the seats but many hate them.
LED lights and adaptive cruise I would get again. I hate driving a car without adaptive cruise now.
Adaptive cruise was on my must have for this car purchase, which took some competition right out. As for the seats, that is what has me nervous. I have test driven the car 6 or more times and have not really found a position that is as comfortable as my M37S or my previous Acuras. I hope once I have the car I can dial in a seat position that works for me, but I find the weak spot in the A6 for me is the seats and leather. The leather does not fell to be in the same league as my M37S or even the Acura TL AWD I had before that.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by keithl
Adaptive cruise was on my must have for this car purchase, which took some competition right out. As for the seats, that is what has me nervous. I have test driven the car 6 or more times and have not really found a position that is as comfortable as my M37S or my previous Acuras. I hope once I have the car I can dial in a seat position that works for me, but I find the weak spot in the A6 for me is the seats and leather. The leather does not fell to be in the same league as my M37S or even the Acura TL AWD I had before that.
Have you asked the dealer to borrow a car for a few days? I'd be concerned about not feeling comfortable (or finding a comfortable spot) after 6 drives.

The seats are firm but get more comfortable with use over time. It's not a comfort type seat that many other manufacturers offer

Quick Reply: A6 owners best vs. worst expectations