Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

a6 driver male to female ratio

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Hey, on a different note do any women ever frequent this forum??? To date I do not believe I have run across any....
We have at least a couple of women that post on the A6 C7 forum from time to time. Also, there are several on the other forums that are pretty active. Not to be sexist but the reality is car enthusiasts have always been associated more so with guys than gals. There will always be exceptions of course and we would welcome more of the gals to join in. Sometimes I believe we could use more of the female touch around here.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DB22
of the woman drivers, how many use the cruise control? Obviously it is hard to tell about other cars on the freeway but when your wife drives, does she use cruise where you ordinarily would.

Never does. Drives me crazy, one minute its 75 the next its 85.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
As a strange sidebar to this discussion: of the woman drivers, how many use the cruise control? Obviously it is hard to tell about other cars on the freeway but when your wife drives, does she use cruise where you ordinarily would.
BTW - my wife drives when I (may) have had too many but she never uses cruise control.
Yes, mine says she uses cruise or she'll find herself going WAY over the speed limit the car is so smooth and quiet.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by random512
Hi, any idea what the male to female ratio is for A6 drivers? I don't think I've ever seen a female A6 driver.
Here in Houston, I have never seen a woman driving an A6.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by random512
Hi, any idea what the male to female ratio is for A6 drivers? I don't think I've ever seen a female A6 driver.
I don't understand why this matters? Why is this important? What are you truly trying to achieve with this question? (critical thinking practice).
1. Is the A6 a feminine or masculine car?
2. Does the A6 fulfill female errands better than other models?
3. Does the A6 appeal more to male or females making it more desirable to a specific gender which affects purchase decission?
4. Does A6 have a comfortable size chasis for male/female drivers alike?
5. Do I prefer to buy a car based on other's opinions?

I fully respect the curiosity factor as I've been a curious cat for many scenarios... but I've learned that sometimes we don't realize the underlying reasons for the questions, or are careless to ask questions that affect other's opinions on a random and uninformed topic.

Be Careful what you ask for. You might just get it!

Regardless.. it's an interesting question and it caught my attention.

To answer the question... I've seen about 5% of A6's driven by women in So Cali area. However I've seen more women driving Audi A_'s though.
Regardless of popular preference... I'm glad my purchase was based on my own personal preferences and needs over other's opinions.
Just my 2-cents.

No judgement... been there done that...Moved on (somewhat)
After all.... still on a forum
Old 12-11-2015, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I don't understand why this matters? Why is this important? What are you truly trying to achieve with this question? (critical thinking practice).
3. Does the A6 appeal more to male or females making it more desirable to a specific gender which affects purchase decission?
1. I had mine neutered so you can't tell now.
2. Prob not - my wife has the habit each trip of filling either of our cars with stuff from the store. "But the clothes were on sale and I saved us $_____".
3. Not sure but my wife prefers her '02 allroad over the A6. Go figure.
4. Depends on posterior size of either gender so I suspect no difference here. Mine is on the larger side and hers is smallish. Both seem to fit ok.
5. I'll hazard a guess that it's a no.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DasA6
Never does. Drives me crazy, one minute its 75 the next its 85.
This is why you need ACC. If you only have CC then you are forever turning it on and off because the person in front of you cannot hold speed.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sold on the 3.0 engine & wanted an S4, but my son (who is often rides in back) is 6'3". So, an A6 for me.

I became more selective about using cruise once I read that the car uses the rear brakes to manage speed going down hills.

Wife drives a hybrid.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6

I fully respect the curiosity factor as I've been a curious cat for many scenarios... but I've learned that sometimes we don't realize the underlying reasons for the questions, or are careless to ask questions that affect other's opinions on a random and uninformed topic.

Be Careful what you ask for. You might just get it!

Regardless.. it's an interesting question and it caught my attention.

To answer the question... I've seen about 5% of A6's driven by women in So Cali area. However I've seen more women driving Audi A_'s though.
Regardless of popular preference... I'm glad my purchase was based on my own personal preferences and needs over other's opinions.
Just my 2-cents.

No judgement... been there done that...Moved on (somewhat)
After all.... still on a forum

Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

My wife has driven my A6 3.0T no more than four times since I got it in mid July of this year. She likes it a lot. This is a problem because since bringing the Audi home I've determined that wife's /13 Volvo S80 T6 drives like a farm implement in comparison. I must keep her out of the Audi for obvious reasons...

Quick Reply: a6 driver male to female ratio