Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

55K Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 55K Service

Does anyone know how much the 55K service is? I'm at the dealer and says its like $900 and is selling me on Audi Care for this and next service for $700. Does that sound right? I feel like I'm being up sold like a rookie.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Does anyone know how much the 55K service is? I'm at the dealer and says its like $900 and is selling me on Audi Care for this and next service for $700. Does that sound right? I feel like I'm being up sold like a rookie.
That's how the dealers sell the post-50k Audi Care - in packages of two service visits. In this case, the 55K service is somewhat comprehensive and the 65K service is basically an oil change.

Service schedule for 2012 vehicles is here: http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...-Year-2012.pdf
Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks DW. I'm guessing that since it's being lumped together, I should see some discount overall, versus paying separately.

I'm wondering if I need to start visiting independent shops to keep maintenance costs down. Do most use Audi or an independent shop?
Old 10-06-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

A good indy shop that specializes in VW/Audi should be about 30-35% less than the dealer. After the warranty expires, I almost always use my local Indy unless it's one of the very few things he can't handle.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It seems that most of the services are "check" or "top up if necessary". If you check your own battery, rotate your own tires, look at your brake pads and change a couple of filters then that only leaves a few things like oil change, plugs and a belt. An Indy seems way cheaper for out of warranty maintenance. If you can't tell if your hinges are squeaking and require some lubrication then you probably shouldn't be driving.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
It seems that most of the services are "check" or "top up if necessary". If you check your own battery, rotate your own tires, look at your brake pads and change a couple of filters then that only leaves a few things like oil change, plugs and a belt. An Indy seems way cheaper for out of warranty maintenance. If you can't tell if your hinges are squeaking and require some lubrication then you probably shouldn't be driving.
Noted - I'm still in CPO warranty so if there are any issues it's easy to have fixed at the shop, and MMI update. I'm just thinking about not getting ripped off in the future. I'm interested in seeing the bill to compare it to Audi Care
Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Or better yet DYI. I did my 55k service in my garage, SC belt, plugs, oil and filter change , AC cab filter and check everything while I was at it.

Took about 2.5 hours all together and cost about $120 in parts (rather than $700 the stearlership wants)
Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vodka G
Or better yet DYI. I did my 55k service in my garage, SC belt, plugs, oil and filter change , AC cab filter and check everything while I was at it.

Took about 2.5 hours all together and cost about $120 in parts (rather than $700 the stearlership wants)
While I probably could learn to do that, I have no tools, so that overhead would set me back some. The dealership did do a brake fluid flush too, which surprised me.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
While I probably could learn to do that, I have no tools, so that overhead would set me back some. The dealership did do a brake fluid flush too, which surprised me.
Why would a brake fluid flush surprise you? If the brake fluid has not been flushed for 2 years than it needs to be flushed. Brake fluid by it's very nature absorbs moisture over time. This moisture will cause corrosion and will affect brake performance.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Why would a brake fluid flush surprise you? If the brake fluid has not been flushed for 2 years than it needs to be flushed. Brake fluid by it's very nature absorbs moisture over time. This moisture will cause corrosion and will affect brake performance.
It's one of the last items listed on the Scheduled Maintenance Interval chart for all models.

Quick Reply: 55K Service