Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

5000 Mile Service - Warranty Items

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
  • Occasional MMI NAV freezes. Once required a complete reset, the other just turning maps off and then back on again. This item has been discussed here on the forum. Its the most serious item I have, and it is intermittent - works correctly most of the time.
  • Occasional "lurch" when easing into the garage. I suspect its a downshift into 1st gear, but it can be rather unnerving as it will overcome light braking. I've gotten used to it, but think it merits having them look into it.
  • Rear License Plate mount - Threads on one of the mounting holes is stripped. Need new mount.
  • Trunk hard to get latched sometimes. I have figured out how to shut it firmly, but my family usually takes 2-3 attempts. I think this is just the way it is.
  • I may mention HD radio reception/sound quality, but I think the issues I have heard are more a question of location than the car. I am aware of other people/cars that have similar issues.
Finally took the '6 in for its 5000 mile service tonight. The service advisor also informed me of the steering module up date (as discussed elsewhere), and indicated he expected to be updating the MMI based upon my comments about the freezing - he didn't say, and I didn't ask what version, Ill know that tomorrow.

I had one additional item I added - the MMI forgot my Audi PIN (myAudi) for the third time... basically I had multiple things that pointed to an MMI update.

On another note, I have to pay my highest compliments for service experience so far. Compared with other cars I have owned in the past (including my A4 which was purchased at another dealership), the service advisor displayed a level of care and professionalism that I have never seen before. It was a very pleasant experience. Considering I arrived JUST before they closed (major traffic issues on the way) I expect he was anxious to be on his way - but he certainly did not show it.

Finally, my loaner is an A4, interesting to be able to drive a newer one for a while. I was impressed with the 2.0T in this application, but driving it for an hour or so clearly confirmed my decision to go with the A6. There is a clear differentiation in sophistication, luxury, power (how QUICKLY I missed my 3.0) and ride dynamics that frankly surprised me. The A6 is a very different experience than the A4 (and I am not in ANY way slamming the A4, its just differnt). I'm sure that those of you that own an A4 and A6 and drive both back to back frequently know this, but it took me quite by surprise.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by das2.7t
So, I just got mine back from the 15k service. They mentioned the power steering control issue that was brand new in the system. They called it a 48K4 Open Campaign and performed a CAM Software Update 219 W03 to "fix"
it. I never noticed anything, before the update or after. While in for the service they also performed the butyl surround fix for the mirrors (much less noisy at highway speeds now, the bluetooth microphone replacement (much, much better) and the MMI update to fix the herkey-jerkey transmission, backup camera freezes and the HD radio issue. The first two are fixed now. I don't notice a real difference in the HD radio quality but something is very wrong with the overall sound now. it seems very reduced, balance loaded heavily towards the back and when I try to adjust with the balance/fader control, the sound shifts opposite of the graphical display and gets very, very loud when balanced or faded all the way to the right or left or front or back. I wish I had tested better before i left the lot.
I had the same problem. My car is at the dealership and they are trying to revert back to the old firmware for the MMI. See my reply on this page... If you have the same symptoms, you can revert it back too if you want.

Last time I spoke to the dealership, they said that its very difficult to rollback the firmware on the C7. Lets see what happens. Getting my car back tomorrow.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2834283&page=2
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Archieafroz
I had the same problem. My car is at the dealership and they are trying to revert back to the old firmware for the MMI. See my reply on this page... If you have the same symptoms, you can revert it back too if you want.

Last time I spoke to the dealership, they said that its very difficult to rollback the firmware on the C7. Lets see what happens. Getting my car back tomorrow.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2834283&page=2
Why did they revert to an older MMI Software?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=MileHighJC;24371977]

"...On another note, I have to pay my highest compliments for service experience so far..."

Which dealer? I'm sure he'd appreciate a plug.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Diogenes;24371989]

"...On another note, I have to pay my highest compliments for service experience so far..."

Which dealer? I'm sure he'd appreciate a plug.
I would also like to know which dealership as well since I am in the Mile HIgh area and assume you are as well.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I was going to save the plug for after I got the car back tonight - based upon the work done, but I really have little doubt about the outcome. The Dealer is Prestige Audi in Lakewood CO. My sales experience was also a joy - no pressure, knew their product cold. Ill report again once I have the car back.

On another note, I have to admit that I'm a classic OCD person. Because of the level of investment I have in this car, I created a spreadsheet to track maintenance, and for that matter everything else material that I spend on it (Tint/clear bra/tires/etc). I converted the maintenance schedule into a spreadsheet so that I can see "what has"/"what is to be" done to the car. I've attached a clip of the scheduled maint tab here. Yellow indicates items to be done, green items that have been completed. Not such a big deal when I have the dealer doing the scheduled maintenance, but I anticipate much more useful when I take over after Audi Care expires.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share (of course after I have stripped out all my personal info on the log tab). PM me or post here if this seems useful.

The Maintenance Schedule is specific to the 3.0T - if you wanted one for the 2.0, it would require some updates.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share (of course after I have stripped out all my personal info on the log tab). PM me or post here if this seems useful.
Thanks, please send me a copy.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Thanks, please send me a copy.
Sure... PM me an email address and I will send it along. I looked for a few minutes to see if I could share the file here, but I dont see a way to do that so Ill send via email for now.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure... PM me an email address and I will send it along. I looked for a few minutes to see if I could share the file here, but I dont see a way to do that so Ill send via email for now.
Thanks for creating this and sharing it with all of us!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Uh, ahem. I guess when printing the maintenance schedule duplex, one should turn the page over.

So the version of the spreadsheet I distributed so far is missing page 2 of the schedule. I've updated it, and will resend to those who have already received it. Sorry for the misfire. Please delete the prior version. V1.2 is current.

Fixing the problem reminded me that the A6 does not have a timing BELT... So we have that going for us. My old A4 is going to be due for another timing belt, and that is one EXPENSIVE service appointment since the bumper had to come off to get to it.

jc

Quick Reply: 5000 Mile Service - Warranty Items