Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 Audi A6 - Decision in process

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my humble opinion, my absolute must-have option was the Black Optics package. That required the Prestige package, but from an aesthetic standpoint, my favorite part of the car. I started out looking at the basic A6, and there is a pretty hefty cost difference between trim levels but I'm glad I got the Prestige with the Black Optics with the 20" wheels. It's a rougher ride for sure - I test drove an A6 with the 19" wheels and you can really feel the difference. But I just really liked the look of the 20's and the blacked out trim. Minor thing, but I also like my all-weather mats and trunk liner.

Also, think about the Audi Care. I bought it. Look at the write up on this in this forum.

The only after-market item I might add are the stainless steel pedals from the S6. They really dress up the interior.

In hindsight, items I would have added would be the LED lighting and the HUD. Would have added another $3-4K, but at that point, go large or go home I guess.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

In looking at the 2016 Order Guide I was surprised to see "Start/Stop system with energy recuperation" as standard even on the Premium 2.0 A6. Was this previously the case? If it is standard in the Premium it is then included with P+ and Prestige as well, I would assume.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must have for me:

- Prestige for S-Line trim, totally changes the look of the car
- LED Headlights for the looks
- Black headliner if you go with black interior
- If you can get more comfortable seats than the Prestige ones, get em, I am never comfortable in my seats...

- If you feel spendy get a better stereo than Bose, but as awful as the Bose is I wouldn't pay the money for the upgrade.

I don't have lane assist, adaptive cruise, night vision, hud, fancy overview cameras etc, I don't miss them...

I don't have cold package, no rear passengers for me other than car seats, I can wear gloves if it is that cold.

I have sport package, I never use my paddles, and I switched my 19" for 18" and I don't know what the ride is with regular suspension. Wouldn't be a must have for me.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just a humble 2012 CPO owner but this is my 4th Audi if you count the wifes Q5.

My must haves and new must haves after this car are:

3.0 This was a like until I drove one, then it immediately became must have. Holy God. TDI just as impressive I'm sure.

at LEAST Xenons. LEDs are cool tech but not necessary. Xenons are plenty bright.

side assist. This car is a lot bigger than my TT and I LOVE this feature. Lifesaver.

Bose. Concert sucks. B&O i'm sure is nice but the Bose system is very well integrated and sounds damn good for factory. Radio tuner sounds like crap but that's not Bose fault. Try Spotify/Pandora/CD instead. (96 A4 ripped and replaced whole Bose system. New amps even for the doors. The Bose highs gave me headaches. 01 TT: Bose highs and mids doable but put in subs. 12 Q5 Concert sucks but fine for the wife's ears. 12 A6: MAYBE upgrade the bass If I want to really bang again but it actually sounds good and clear (not boomy) at regular volumes even with bassy songs. Highs mids are accurate. I won't touch em.)

Rear Camera and front parking assist. Big car, short garage. See TT reason above.

19inch wheels. Everything comes with 19's or 20's nowadays. step it up. You're in an Audi for god sake.

Heated seats. I grew up in Michigan. Nice on the chilly mornings. They get nice and hot unlike wife's Q5 too.

cooled seats nice bonus. I live in Texas

GPS It's Google maps, not your crappy Ford or Toyota GPS. Finally somebody got smart. Nice to just see where you are without using your phone