Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush - you gotta post pics when you get the car. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger and going back and forth between Oolong and Phantom. I too saw the pics of the Aviator Blue/Beige that someone posted and loved it. However, NO ONE in my area has that color on the lot so I can see it in person. I'm scared to death about ordering it having never seen it in person. Did you order it based on pictures alone??

My 2 cents on color choice; it's a $50K plus purchase. If you personally think the car looks best in black, then that's what you should get! Don't settle - buy an unlimited pass to a reputable touchless car wash.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
Rush - you gotta post pics when you get the car. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger and going back and forth between Oolong and Phantom. I too saw the pics of the Aviator Blue/Beige that someone posted and loved it. However, NO ONE in my area has that color on the lot so I can see it in person. I'm scared to death about ordering it having never seen it in person. Did you order it based on pictures alone??

My 2 cents on color choice; it's a $50K plus purchase. If you personally think the car looks best in black, then that's what you should get! Don't settle - buy an unlimited pass to a reputable touchless car wash.

Ordered my Aviator Blue 2012 on pics alone (earlier in the model intro), and was not disappointed. Color change is dependent on light -- in bright sunlight, it looks more grey-blue w/ some green visible in the pearl, while it takes on a more blue-grey look in subdued light (early/late day and overcast). Definitely not like so many other colors on the road. Lots of color combos go nicely with this paint, though I'm very happy with the Nougat/Black Headliner on mine. PM me and I can forward some more pics in various lighting if you'd like.

Highly recommend the Winter Pkg. Had it on my C5 (originally a CA car) and loved it all through two tours in OH and Germany (you never know where the military will take you). Had to have it on my C7.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9

LTDPlus - I had seen some of the pictures on here as well and had me intrigued. Then I found 1 in my area so I drove over and saw it. It was a rainy day (same day I saw the other colors I mentioned earlier) and it was a nice rich blue. I drove back over a few days later when it was nice and sunny out to show my wife and we both LOVED the color. It didn't have the Velvet Beigh interior, but the Titanium Grey which was awesome as well. So I was back and forth on the interior for a week to say the least.

I will most definatly take lots of pictures and post them once mine comes in. I'm scanning the ocean for my boat trying to find it LOL