Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts

Hey fellas, I've lurked here for a while and gleaned a lot of good information. I've got a deposit down on a 2013 Prestige but now I need your thoughts on colors, sport packages, and other options.

I'm pretty sure I want it with Innovation, LED, nougat, ash, and black headliner. I'm also pretty sure I'd like either Brilliant or Phantom Black. Can I get your guys' thoughts on the following and I apologize if this is a redundant discussion:

- Color: Like I said, I'm leaning toward black but what are the pros and cons of brilliant vs phantom? I'm also open to a greyish type color like oolong or aviator blue but even with all the photos it’s hard to get a sense of what they are like.

- Sport Package: It seems like almost everyone on this board has a sport option on their A6. Is the sport option worth the extra expenditure? Right now I’m moving ahead with the standard (non-sport) A6. How do the all-season tires hold up? How do the summer tires hold up? I test drove the 20” sport option because that is what they had on the lot and I enjoyed the ride. What are the qualities of the sport vs non-sport options?

- Cold Weather Package: Again, it seems like virtually everyone here has the Cold Weather option. Is there a reason for this? Is everyone here living in cold weather states?

- 360 Degree Camera: Should I try to insist on this option? My sales guy said that there is no guarantee that a 2013 Innovation will have the new 360 cameras since Audi may be rethinking the option.

- Power trunk: Does this option still exist? If it does, worth it?

- Sunshades: Worth the cost?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss having sunshades!!!!!!!

Didn't know power trunk was an option but I'd say get it. The BMW has an option if you put your foot under the car, the trunk opens!

I put sport springs on my car and 19 inch wheels. Rides similar to the sport now. I just don't have the paddles which I found to be a pain on my last BMW.

360 cam? Gimmick to me.

Cold weather, a must in the Midwest.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would def get the Sport package! but thats just me
Old 07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Power trunk was deleted from the order guide before the pricing was announced.
I waffled on the sport pkgs but decided on the 19" as a compromise to handling, appearance and comfort. Glad I did it. Getting all seasons to replace the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros which I'm not crazy about. I live in MA so summer tires year round are not an option
Old 07-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Landstander, first of all good choice on the car.. you won't be disappointed. That been said.. my few cents .. more like pennies

- Color: I have a Havana Black 2012... You can't go wrong with this color. It has 3 colors in one color... Black, Brown and kinda Green. I like my car to be clean all the time and thats a problem with black color. It gets dirty very quickly. so unless you don't care about washing it every week... you should be fine with Black color. You can always compremise and get something like a "Light Grey" or "Silver".. no matter what you get.. you will love the car. Black will keep you a little busy on the weekend

- Sport Package: I have the 19" sports package.. If you live in an area where the Roads are messed up, I wouldn't go above 19" sports package. Sports Package will give you really good handling and also looks pretty good. The best is 20" sports package (looks wise) but the ride might get a little bumpy and also consider the road noise. I am very happy with my 19" sports package!

- Cold Weather Package: Where I live, I would rather have a Hot Weather Package. CWP helps if you live in a Snow State. I you live in a Snow State, you should definitely get the CWP!

- 360 Degree Camera: If they offer this... Get it. Worth every penny probably. Never seen it on Audi but its a Cool Feature and a little added Safety always helps. Even if it helps you once in your Audi lifetime, you are Golden!

- Power trunk: Ahhh... not really ... but will make you look sophisticated and cool... JK.. personal preference ...

- Sunshades: If you don't plan to get your windows tinted, then you should get the sunshades..

Hope this helps... Once again.. Good Choice with the A6.. It won't let you down.. BTW get ready to be complimented on the car everyday
Old 07-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Power trunk was deleted from the order guide before the pricing was announced.
I waffled on the sport pkgs but decided on the 19" as a compromise to handling, appearance and comfort. Glad I did it. Getting all seasons to replace the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros which I'm not crazy about. I live in MA so summer tires year round are not an option
Snapitseven..first of all CONGRATES on the new car.. feels nice to be the first on the BLOCK.. doesn't it

Which All-Season Tires are you leaning towards....? I have the same Sports Package as you .. the Wheels as well.. I have been searching for All Season tires for a while but can't seem to find one. I wanted to get the Michelin MXM4 .. but they don't make it for our package Let me know what you lean towards... Thanx
Old 07-08-2012, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Archieafroz
Snapitseven..first of all CONGRATES on the new car.. feels nice to be the first on the BLOCK.. doesn't it

Which All-Season Tires are you leaning towards....? I have the same Sports Package as you .. the Wheels as well.. I have been searching for All Season tires for a while but can't seem to find one. I wanted to get the Michelin MXM4 .. but they don't make it for our package Let me know what you lean towards... Thanx
I'm going with the Bridgestone RE760AS, currently rated #1 for ultra high performance all seasons on Tire Rack. 255/40-19. Rated just above Conti DWS and Michelin Sport A/S. (The Conti's are not available in our size and the Michelins are more expensive). You'll want the UHP all season category rating for performance on the A6 sport.
They run about $1200 shipped for a set of 4.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First Congraulations on A6 decision & here is my input:
Color: I went with Oolong grey, very unique & changes as per sun light, I got people asking me about color as it seems black in shade, then dark green/brown in sunlight, blacks are nice & closest to Oolon was Havana black, if I were to do it again would pay extra to get Daytona grey

Sport package: My 2nd car is 535i (2009) so I prefer firm ride & sport package gives you firm but not stiff, depending on road conditions Sport Pkg may seem bumpy at times but when negotiating turns A6 is solid also no body roll at HWY speeds, I also like shift paddles so try to drive Sport vs none Sport if dealer has them & see which one you will prefer

Cold wesather pkg, I live in Canada & I got heated seats as w edo not have this Pkg sepratae

360 camera : I would get that option it is helpful in parking lots but I did not have it

Power trunk : useful but can skip it depending on cost

Good luck!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm going with the Bridgestone RE760AS, currently rated #1 for ultra high performance all seasons on Tire Rack. 255/40-19. Rated just above Conti DWS and Michelin Sport A/S. (The Conti's are not available in our size and the Michelins are more expensive). You'll want the UHP all season category rating for performance on the A6 sport.
They run about $1200 shipped for a set of 4.
Thank you snagitseven... BTW the color of your car looks awesome... Good Luck.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Brilliant Black is the best looking black IMO. Of course I may be biased but its a true black, phantom black is a grayish black and havana black is 2-3 colors in one. If you want a true black colored car, brilliant black is for you. I must warn you, keeping this color clean is a PITA, but it looks so good when clean, gets so much attention.

Quick Reply: 2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts