Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 Prestige A/C Controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A6 Prestige A/C Controls

Is it just me or is the interface poorly designed? I'm into my first month with the vehicle and the A/C controls are still a bit confusing. For example, I find it annoying that changing fan speed is a two step process (select fan, then adjust speed). The other annoying thing is the sync setting doesn't stick. Last night I pushed the sync setting to adjust temperature. Then after a while I wanted to adjust the fan speed and so I push fan and start adjusting fan speed. But since it didn't hold the sync setting it only let's me adjust the fan speed for my side. Ok then, I click sync button again but in doing so I now have to push the fan speed button one more time to adjust. Very annoying IMO. In most modern cars adjusting the fan speed is a one step process.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

I just set it to Auto, adjust the temps and almost never have to change any settings again. The Audi auto climate control works exceptionally well to efficiently control temp, fan speeds, a/c, fresh/recirc and airflow as needed. Can't remember the last time I changed the fan speeds.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine is set to Auto too. My Prestige is 7 weeks old and the only climate control button I've touched in the last 6 weeks is the rear defrost.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

I like the new A/C control because now I only have to push one button to turn the seat heating on. I have the car now about 8 months and leave it most of the time on Auto. The front is synchronized most of the time (press and hold the driver's turn ****), so all settings are applied to both front seats. I use the Sync button only after the kids played with the rear controls.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

press and hold driver's turn ****? which **** are you referring to? thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

The turn **** you use to set the driver's temp. If you press and hold it it will sync driver and passenger settings (but not the rear). If you press that ****, the MMI will first show the driver side temp settings and then bot temp settings (which means you can control both sides from the driver's side now).
Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
I like the new A/C control because now I only have to push one button to turn the seat heating on. I have the car now about 8 months and leave it most of the time on Auto. The front is synchronized most of the time (press and hold the driver's turn ****), so all settings are applied to both front seats. I use the Sync button only after the kids played with the rear controls.
Sorry for bringing this thread back but anyone know how to disable the rear AC controls altogether? Want to make sure kids back there dont mess with the AC.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Taktix1
Sorry for bringing this thread back but anyone know how to disable the rear AC controls altogether? Want to make sure kids back there dont mess with the AC.
In the 1950's, my father had a simple solution to this or other kid caused problems in the car.

"If I have to stop this car, one or more of you is going to get spanked."

My 5'6" father could reach you with his right arm, while steering with his left, no matter where you tried to hide in the back seat of a full sized car.

Simple. Effective. And only had to be used a few times over the years with 4 kids.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Check the MMI. I had that setting in the iDrive in my BMW, so I'd assume Audi would have it in the same place. Dunno for sure, I don't mess with any of that. Auto is auto and thats where it stays.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts

I am pretty sure this option doesnt exist. I did have a switch in my Maxima to do this and was surpised not to have one in the A6.

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 Prestige A/C Controls