A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury Package?

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in a 2024 Audi A6 Allroad but am unsure if I need the luxury package. I like seats that kind of squeeze my torso. I notice that the luxury package has multi contour seats. Do the standard seats have adequate lateral support?

Thanks!

Bart
Old 01-22-2024, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by stenberg13
Good afternoon,

I'm interested in a 2024 Audi A6 Allroad but am unsure if I need the luxury package. I like seats that kind of squeeze my torso. I notice that the luxury package has multi contour seats. Do the standard seats have adequate lateral support?

Thanks!

Bart
They are pretty much Audi sport seats. For me they are a must have. Im 6.1 and having leg extensions is a life saver. Other then the seats in luxury package, everything else there is a nice touch, nice to have kind of thing.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

I am very happy with the luxury package.
Old 01-22-2024, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree on all accounts here. I really enjoy the range of motion on the seats, particularly the extending thigh cushion. I’m a wider guy (6’, 225) and the adjustable bolsters aren’t super effective for me, as I’ve got them extended at the limit outward, but they’re some of the best seats had in a car. I owned a BMW wagon years ago and had opted against getting the seats with the full range of motion and regretted it the entire time i owned the car.

Now, the other aspects of the luxury package are dubious in terms of what they add to the overall experience, but I'm very happy with the seats.
The following users liked this post:
michaeljk1963 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Traded for a new AR to get luxury seats

I recently traded in my 2021 AR for a 2024 AR almost exclusively for the luxury seats (as you know, you can only get the luxury seats as part of the Luxury Package with the Prestige trim level). Like rynomite, I am a bigger guy (6'4" 225 lb) and the front seat extenders make a huge difference for me, and to be honest, although the ability to extend the thigh bolsters improved the ride considerably, it's still not enough (then again, my old high school buddy that I've known for 45 years pointed out that I have complained about the seats in every car I have ever owned--they are NEVER big enough for me). When I am on a curvy road and my dogs aren't in the car (meaning I'm pushing the speed), I actually find myself pulling in the torso bolsters to hug me and stabilize me, makes the ride more fun!

You know what else I really like in the Prestige Package (or the 2024 model, which ever added this)? Traffic sign recognition in the HUD. I normally don't like a HUD (I don't use it when driving my wife's Lexus), But having the speed limit and the speed I am going both right there in the HUD is really helpful for avoiding tickets (so far).
Old 01-26-2024, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

The only aspect of the Luxury Package that I dislike is the name - wish it more something like Practical Features That Do Justice To Such An Already Expensive Vehicle Package.

Okay, so I’m obviously not much into marketing.

But still, I think buying a vehicle this expensive and skipping out on some practical niceties is a shame.

As for seating comfort, you really have to try it out in person, and for as long a test drive as allowed.
Even if people with similar body sizes chime in, that’s no substitute for individual preferences.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

So I thought I ordered the luxury package in my '24 AR Prestige...but all I got was the warm weather package (which was a requirement for me.) Do the luxury package seats also have ventilation in them too? I don't see luxury seats as an option when building out a new AR on AudiUSA.

Last edited by Britchz; 01-26-2024 at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding to post
Old 01-27-2024, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Britchz
So I thought I ordered the luxury package in my '24 AR Prestige...but all I got was the warm weather package (which was a requirement for me.) Do the luxury package seats also have ventilation in them too? I don't see luxury seats as an option when building out a new AR on AudiUSA.
They do, heating, ventilation and massage.
The following users liked this post:
Britchz (01-31-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Hmm, looks like the Luxury Package no longer exists on the U.S. configurator for 2024.
I’m not sure if all or just most of its features are now automatically included in the Prestige trim?
Old 01-27-2024, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan S.
Hmm, looks like the Luxury Package no longer exists on the U.S. configurator for 2024.
I’m not sure if all or just most of its features are now automatically included in the Prestige trim?
I don't think they are. There are 2024 on the lots that don't have luxury package and there are some that do.

Quick Reply: Luxury Package?