A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Just Venting Now - Nothing But Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Venting Now - Nothing But Problems

These cars suck. They are huge rolling tech problems.

Thanks for reading, I know I'm venting and I thank y'all for tolerating it. I saved my money, ordered a '23 A6 Allroad Prestige with all the options, and paid cash when it arrived. Since then it's been a huge pain with so many technology problems, including Audi's secret deletion of the (admittedly ill-functioning) kick to open tailgate feature. I was so excited, I researched a lot and was sure it'd be a decent vehicle. But I never knew how awful Audi can be when the technology doesn't work. Who cares I guess, they took my money and I'm the sucker apparently. Audi sucks. I'm taking it to dealer 2 again and if they can't fix it, it's for sale. I don't care about the loss at this point; it was supposed to make my life a bit more comfortable and plush but it's done the opposite. I'd like to get $77,000 out of it so it goes away ASAP, and paid $86,469 I believe it was.

All roads lead to MIATA! I am so glad I have my little Miata to fall back on. Audi makes over-engineered garbage that's too complicated and redundant for what one gets out of it.

My recommendation: Don't buy Audi, period. I'm pretty sure all of their stuff must be like this, it's all cut from the same cloth so to speak.

It took me 882 miles to realize: Audi -- NEVER AGAIN! Save yourself and your wallet. Stay away from Audi garbage tech and over-engineering!

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2024, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i recently purchased my first audi as well. two things that have bugged me:
1) sometimes takes A WHILE for my cellphone to connect. however, i just read in another thread that can sometimes be caused by your phone connecting to other devices between drives.
2) the MMI requires a soft reset every couple of weeks, even after getting a software recall performed that "should" address the issue. it didn't and it's really annoying.
while i've had it for only 9 months, it's otherwise been great and i'm really enjoying it.

i know you're disappointed with the issues you've had and i would be, too. i also can't help but notice that you have started four different threads about your issues in the past 24 hours or so. i'm not trying to be rude, but...we get it.
good luck selling your car. here's a link to the marketplace on this site where you can do so: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/market/
The following users liked this post:
parkstr8 (01-14-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Thankfully, my experience has been different

This post is to the OP and anyone reading this thread, to offer a different experience. I sympathize with anyone spending this much money on a car having serious issues (I didn't read his other posts, though, so don't really know what the issues are). I had a 2021 A6 Allroad, and I loved it so much, I traded it in after four months for a new one (doubling down on the technology). The MMI on both can be a little flakey at times, which can be irritating admittedly, but for me, on both cars, a very minor set of issues, which are far outweighed by the advantages of what this car has to offer, most notably the ride quality and having the kind of power offered with the relatively good mpg it offers (especially on the highway). It has been bitterly cold here, and a few weeks ago, I drove through a nasty little snowstorm with whiteout squalls. I have never in my life before (I am 60 and have owned many cars) felt the kind of confidence I felt during that snowstorm, with accuracy, stability, speed control, which is part of the technology under the hood and in the suspension. Was truly an amazing experience, and to me, well, well worth the cost of this car.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

New 2024 Prestige Allroad for us here. This is our 5th Audi over a span of about 25 years continuous Audi ownership. Overall the reliability has been excellent. It's too bad the OP has had a bad experience. Lemon cars exist in all brands - none are exempt.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 884 Likes on 723 Posts

OP, sorry to read about your experience based on 882 miles of driving an Audi. Your experience is contrary to my 310,000 miles driving an Audi. I am sure Audi will address whatever problems you are having with your car. In your post you don’t specify the difficulties you are having with your car, so it is hard to tell if you are experiencing user based issues or if they are true vehicle issues. Please explain the difficulties you are experiencing and perhaps one of us can help with a solution.
WausauS8 (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 05:47 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

He described his issues in several other threads he posted throughout AudiWorld. Just search on his username to find them.

As others have mentioned, with the exception of a couple minor issues (as can happen with any car brand) I've had good experiences with the four Audi's we've owned over the past several years. All vehicles are high tech now and can have the same sorts of issues the OP describes. And the issues he's having seem to speak more towards the dealership he's working with than with the brand. Issues happen, but when a dealership can't or won't take care of those problems it can turn you off from the brand entirely.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Different Experience With Mine

I bought a ‘22 Allroad A6 and have only had one problem, a tail light went out, which was quickly fixed under warranty. If the car you have is as bad as you say, look into your State’s Lemon Law, Audi may have to buy it back at 100%. I did it with a VW I had continual problems with and it was relatively painless and I was reimbursed 100%.
michaeljk1963 (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you considered talking to the dealer that you bought the car from? The MMI issues you seem to have experienced seems to be one off. My 21 has the kick to open and its meh. there are not alot of instances where it is helpful anyway so I can see why they deleted it.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Another Satisfied Owner Here

I have an 2020 20th Anniversary Edition A6 allroad and everything works and works well, even the kick-to-open feature. I have had two small warranty items (wheel bearing and heads-up display) fixed without question on the first try by Chantilly Audi in Northern Virginia dispute the fact I bought the vehicle elsewhere. I have had about 10 different Audis since 1998 and warranty was never a problem on any of them, nor was there all that much warranty work necessary.

As others have indicated my A6 allroad is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven and I have been driving since 1961 (my first car was a 1959 Hillman Minx).

However, I am considering replacing the allroad, but only because I am thinking of getting into a plug-in hybrid. If anyone can comment on the Volvo S90 Recharge I would be happy to see your thoughts.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by biggu
Have you considered talking to the dealer that you bought the car from? The MMI issues you seem to have experienced seems to be one off. My 21 has the kick to open and it's meh. there are not alot of instances where it is helpful anyway so I can see why they deleted it.
I thought the same thing when moving from my '21 to my '24 Allroad. My wife and I were both surprised when it was no longer there in the '24, but I had it in both my Highlanders and never used it. Besides, for me, it would likely have been disabled when I get my trailer hitch installed.

Quick Reply: Just Venting Now - Nothing But Problems