A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Early Christmas Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the late response, yes, it's the Dew Silver with the black out package.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes - the whole package - I couldn't find any options it didn't have, however on the day's that is was in the factory they were out of the door light that illuminates the four ring pattern on the ground - so that is the only option it doesn't have, yet.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Six-Pack
Yes - the whole package - I couldn't find any options it didn't have, however on the day's that is was in the factory they were out of the door light that illuminates the four ring pattern on the ground - so that is the only option it doesn't have, yet.
Congrats! How are you liking the Dinamica headliner? We splurged on that option on our incoming car and hope the material is as nice as the alcantara they used to use.
The following users liked this post:
Six-Pack (01-05-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rich_r
Is it the black optic package that causes the wheel arches to be painted black (instead of just black plastic)? On the configurator I've noticed that one of the items in the black optic package is "Contrast paint - Manhattan Gray" and had assumed that applied to the arches. But yours look black instead of gray. (Was considering ordering 1 in manhattan gray so that I could get blacked out trim + painted wheel arches that match the cars paint...but your pic has me thinking i should order black instead if this is what i want).
The contrast paint - Manhattan Gray includes the wheel arches.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
The contrast paint - Manhattan Gray includes the wheel arches.
Thanks! In some of the pics above the wheel arches look black instead of gray but I guess that's because manhattan gray is still fairly dark. Anyway- helps cement my plans to oder black optic w/ manhattan gray as the exterior color. Seems to be the only way you can get color matched wheel arches combined w/ black optic.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rich_r
Thanks! In some of the pics above the wheel arches look black instead of gray but I guess that's because manhattan gray is still fairly dark. Anyway- helps cement my plans to oder black optic w/ manhattan gray as the exterior color. Seems to be the only way you can get color matched wheel arches combined w/ black optic.
With the black out package and the Dew Silver paint, exterior wheel arches are black - paint or plastic I do not know which, but they are definitely the same black as the optics package black (maybe I missed something?)

Old 01-05-2023, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

With my new Dew Silver and BO - they are painted Manhattan Grey (very dark). With no BO they are the standard blackish plastic. With all BO - there is only one paint that I am aware of - the Manhattan Grey. With a few colors you can order the paint matched option.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Six-Pack
With the black out package and the Dew Silver paint, exterior wheel arches are black - paint or plastic I do not know which, but they are definitely the same black as the optics package black (maybe I missed something?)
Here is one for reference:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...3030793/page3/
Old 01-05-2023, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by parkstr8
With my new Dew Silver and BO - they are painted Manhattan Grey (very dark). With no BO they are the standard blackish plastic. With all BO - there is only one paint that I am aware of - the Manhattan Grey. With a few colors you can order the paint matched option.
Thanks. And just to further clarify, as far as I can tell, if you get BO the arches will be painted in Manhattan grey no matter what. Audi does not let you combine the paint matched wheel arches option with BO (even within the limited color choices available for paint matched wheel arches). So effectively, the only way to achieve that look is to order the exterior in Manhattan grey with BO. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think the BO includes the external wheel arches trim regardless - it connects with the blacked out components front and back and has to be that same color to match those site lines along the sides of the car. Are you asking If the black they use for BO is the same as Manhattan Grey, or that there is a difference, but when you get the exterior Manhattan Grey, then the arches are , or could be that same color, if you choose? (I'm assuming that Manhattan Grey is not black.)

And I don't care if you beat a dead horse - written communication is not always easy. (And, I may be really dense.)

And see my new Early Christmas Present part 2 post from today - to add some color.

Quick Reply: Early Christmas Allroad